LegacyGT.com

VF-40 about to blow

Derkle13

So my Turbo is just about to go and I'm not sure what I should do as far as replacing it. I was thinking about sending it to bnr and getting the HTA68 but I'm not sure yet. What other options are comparable? I also have EL headers and an uppipe to throw on and I'm also getting a FMIC etc... 300+ at the wheels is what I want any input is appreciated.

Thanks

stay tmic and go water meth. as for headers i hear its kind of a waste to buy tubular headers as the flange cracks pretty easy i hear a lot of people do grimmspeed port and polish manifold with hi flow crossover pipe and the up pipe.

Go equal length if you get a big ass turbo. It'll reduce lag and run more efficiently. Meth is good if you want to run pump gas. Otherwise, E85 is the shit. FMICs are laggy and pointless unless you want to run a turbo that's too big for the TMIC. A lot of cars are putting down 350+ whp and 370+ torque on E85 and a TMIC. Just depends on if you want all top end or a smooth power band. What are your goals for this car and what kind of racing do you want to do?

If you're looking for 300 whp, that can be done on a TMIC. I recommend the AVO. You'll need to upgrade your fuel pump and injectors, too. Search around the forum and see what turbo interests you... You won't need to change your exhaust manifold as the stock one is sufficient. There is a dyno tuned thread where everybody has posted their builds and dyno sheet. Lot of different setups you could do.

68hta is suppose to be one of the best stock location turbos for our cars from what i have read. smooth and spools 200-400 rpms slower then stock vf 40 but can produce 350+. i would stay tmic if i was you its cheap and good up to 400hp. e85 is the best but not really avaliable for us that why i suggest water meth its really cheap and its like running race gas all the time.

Yeah we did lose our E85 pumps in the valley which sucks... Matt (mrnix) just did a VF40/HTA hybrid turbo. Have to see how he likes it.

How long ago did you lose your E85 stations? We've got 2 for sure that I know of in the the Orem area...(used one this afternoon)

so its more then just my Turbo... my rings are gonna go so I'm parking it and rebuilding. I don't know how to do it myself should I try or just pay a shop to put the ams kit in or something like it? Suggestions on rebuild setups please haha. I'm not in a huge rush since winter is coming and I have another car

Archived