LegacyGT.com

Centric Premium vs. Centric Standard rotors

Pijanica84

I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the two types of rotors. I cant really find it online and searched the forum with no luck. Do you think that it is worth the price to get the premium rotors and would it be beneficial.

Also, I will not be tracking my LGT. Still a broke grad school student with no time lol. Just for daily driving.

i have the premium version, if you have salt on the roads, the anti corrisive finish will keep the vanes from rusting out.

If you have wheels that show your brakes, the premium finish stays on under high heat and will not appear rusty over time (wich is the norm with 99% of aftermarket or OEM rotors).

Thus just from an appearance stand point, pay the extra

These guys use centric rotors. I bought my rotors from them. I might have been slightly off, its g3000 metallurgy v.s g3500 metallurgy. The premiums are also double disc ground, all surfaces are machined smooth, and mill balanced, plus the black powder coating on all non contact surfaces including inside the veins.

http://www.drt-sport.com/bigcell.php?i=4521

http://www.drt-sport.com/bigcell.php?i=4520

I'm sure both work fine, but I live in New England (rust zone), I drive pretty spiritedly, and I have Brembos and like my wheels/brakes looking good. So I decided to spring for the premiums.

These guys use centric rotors. I bought my rotors from them. I might have been slightly off, its g3000 metallurgy v.s g3500 metallurgy. The premiums are also double disc ground, all surfaces are machined smooth, and mill balanced, plus the black powder coating on all non contact surfaces including inside the veins.

http://www.drt-sport.com/bigcell.php?i=4521

http://www.drt-sport.com/bigcell.php?i=4520

I'm sure both work fine, but I live in New England (rust zone), I drive pretty spiritedly, and I have Brembos and like my wheels/brakes looking good. So I decided to spring for the premiums.

Interesting. I have to say though, I wouldn't take them too seriously. Everyone knows that drilled rotors are unsafe due to their propensity to crack easier than non-drilled.

From my research and we sell Centric rotors, the Premium are the same except for the coating.

-mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Premium:

"CENTRIC PREMIUM BRAKE DISC, FLOATING TYPE, STANDARD, VENTED, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- 5 x 100 mm PCD bolt pattern; 292 mm outer diameter; 12.7 mm bolt size; 22 mm minimum thickness; Manufactured to meet QS and ISO Quality System Standards; Utilizes an Electrocoating finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection; Designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting; Double disc grinding ensures parallelism, eliminates run out, and provides near perfect disc thickness; The double disc grinding also leaves a non-directional finish on the friction surface area for more effective pad-disc break in while providing quieter and smoother stops; Center-split core casting offers proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency for superior braking and safety; 100 percent fully machined hat delivers better disc balance; Mill-corrected to a tolerance of less than 2 oz. per inch."

C-TEK:

"CENTRIC C-TEK BRAKE DISC, STANDARD, VENTED, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- 5 x 100 mm PCD bolt pattern; 292 mm outer diameter; 24 mm nominal thickness; 22 mm minimum thickness; This is a high quality OE replacement brake disc."

source:

www.discountbrakes.com

lol

Premuim Centric rotor- Mind bending technology, super terrific awesome metals, secret dry spice rub, marinated in virgin unicorn blood and sprinkled with endangered butterfly wing dust.. $30

Standard Centric rotor- meh made of metal, it works, but why wouldn't you just get the premium.. $20

Archived