LegacyGT.com

05 LGT shifting troubles

Anyone else have a problem with that plastic lip that's right above the clutch pedal? Every time I shift it seems to catch the tip of my shoe and makes it hard for me to let off of it fully.

Yes, I noticed it and it contributed to many stalling episodes as I first learned to deal with the clutch on the car. I haven't noticed it for weeks now (and am no longer stalling the car!) so I must have subconsciously adjusted for it.

Anyone else have a problem with that plastic lip that's right above the clutch pedal? Every time I shift it seems to catch the tip of my shoe and makes it hard for me to let off of it fully.

That only happened to me when I first got the car.

I took me a little while to get used to it. I used to push the pedal in with the ball of my foot on my '94 Cobra that I got rid of for this car and using that same method caused the tip of my shoe to catch. Now I push the pedal in the with tip of my shoe and it doesn't catch any more.

Yeah, it used to bother me but I've pretty much learned my way around it. I do still sometimes have an issue if I'm wearing a certain pair of shoes. The panel is easy to remove but you'll have to relocate the ODB-II port. You could probably just ziptie it to something under there.

Archived