LegacyGT.com

Need to borrow/swap wheels/tires for maybe an hour...anybody have a set?

kram

Hi folks,

If you see my thread here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/shaking-60-147002.html

I'm trying to pin down where the shimmying is coming from on my LGT. I need to rule out whether it is an issue with my tires/rims or suspension.

SO, I wanted to see if anyone has an extra set of wheels & tires (balanced w/ no known issues) that I can swap on to my LGT & take for a spin on the highway.

If you don't have extra's but can swap yours to mine & vise-versa...that is fine too. I think I'd only need to do the front's. I don't care if they're stock/aftermarket 17's or 18's. Well...if they're 18's I should probably swap all 4.

I would need them for no more than an hour really. Just need to put them on & find some smooth highway to cruise at 60~80 & see if the vibration/shimmy shows up, you're welcome to come along.

I can come to you & will do the swap (& will torque the lug nuts appropriately when finished). If anything were to happen while I was driving & your wheels were damaged, that would suck, but I would of course pay for it.

I'm located in Swedesboro, NJ (south jersey), but work near Cherry Hill & will travel a reasonable distance.

SO...if youre nearby & can help me out, please PM or email me: kramonut@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Mark

If you are up here you can borrow my snows/bbs wheels and the lift... Just let us know.

-mike

Thanks Mike. I should have made this post a couple days ago...I was just up that way yesterday. :-\

I'll be working on my car at my mom's house in Washington Twp on Sunday. Swing by if you want. I have two sets of wheels and tires in my garage.

Thanks for the offer! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time.

Shortly after getting my car aligned/balanced, I was sent an online survey for the shop. I filled it out...didn't blast the shop by any means, just was honest that the problem is still there after repeated trips to the same shops. I figured like any other online survey it would disappear into the internet void.

Anyway, a manager called me up yesterday & wants me to bring it back in & see what they can do find the problem. So in the next week or so I'm gonna be dropping it off again & see what they can find.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! Found out the problem...

Took it to the shop again today & they road-force balanced all the wheels. Both passenger side rims are bent. The rear has a real bad wobble & the front as well (tho not as bad as the rear). Why the guys didn't pick up the first 5 times I went, I have no idea. But, at least now I know.

So...time to go rim shopping.

yeah these roads were brutal last winter and still suck... i just ordered tein s techs too. i'm definitely nervous about the aggressive drop but these are the only springs that are out for the 2010 and i can't stand the wheel gap.

yeah these roads were brutal last winter and still suck... i just ordered tein s techs too. i'm definitely nervous about the aggressive drop but these are the only springs that are out for the 2010 and i can't stand the wheel gap.

What about from JDM land? Do STi Pinks fit?

http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?KEYWORD=&dealer=1&car=157&middlesmall=3:9&maker=&VOLKEY=

unfortunately not. slim pickins for the BM. the s techs are coming into fred beans next week so i pre-ordered. 1.6 back and 1.8 front. little lower than i want to go. anyone have a spring compressor??

**edit** just cliked on the link above, looks like they do make them but coming from japan comes with a premium.. Eibach is about 6-8 weeks from releasing springs.. i still have a few days to make up my mind..

I didn't have an impact when I did my springs....so another option is a pass-thru socket & hold the strut on it's side, away from you or anyone else.

Actually....I didn't even have a pass thru socket & couldn't find one locally. Just rigged up something with vice grips & some open socket wrench thing my buddy had....anyway, it worked.

The top hat on mine barely popped up. Being yours is much newer...don't know that it would be the same.

I did need compressors to put the springs on the new struts tho. As mentioned, Advance had them for a $50 deposit.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived