LegacyGT.com

GN swap?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-subaru-beat-buick-heart-140053p22.html

If any of you have seen this thread, it's one of the better swaps in the 4th gen forum. My question to you guys is, will a buick 3.8 fit under the hood of our 2nd gen? Just throwing the idea out there; now that I'm at school I have access to so many resources and could probably start a build as part of a mech. engineering project. I want to supercharge the guy too, so I'll make sure all of the internals are built to spec. This is probably a good time to get rid of the 4eat as well...just gauging the interest out there for a project like this, and if the engine will actually fit without alot of modification to the bay/firewall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFCQoI4RZc]YouTube - subaru legacy v8 305 burnout[/ame]

theres a 305 in that 1st gen but i think it may of been converted to Rwd hooking up to the stock drivetrain will be a challenge but would be a cool project

looking good! I'd be in for anything as far as swaps; i'm open for any ideas as long as they'll fit with minimum body work. The GNX 3.8 would be a nice choice I'm thinking, or I was also thinking the 3800 series 2 from the newer grand prix with a supercharger from the gtp. That one's already built too, so it'd be less invasive.

As far as the OBD goes, how would policies go? I'm not sure what frank_ster is going to end up doing with his legacy (probably track I'm guessing?) but I want to be able to drive this legally around town and have some fun on the track of course. Also, AWD is something I need to research in on too to see if I can still take advantage of that. I'm going to find a new tranny, I'm done with putting up with the one that's in there now, and if it couldn't handle the 230hp from the svx it sure as hell won't handle something from the new powerplant. I'm doing a write-up of this after I get home today to lay out materials and objectives for this build.

Archived