LegacyGT.com

swapping 1997 Forester rear seat into 1996 Brighton

Does anyone know if the upright parts of the rear seat of a 1997 Forester will fit into my 1996 Brighton? According to cars101.com, the Forester has split folding rear seats (as my Brighton does) and headrests (which is what I need and the whole reason for swapping), but I can't tell without pics or measurements of a Forester whether it will work or not.

And how much trouble is it to take the upright parts of the rear seat out? Can it be done with some wrenches and in an hour or so?

Thanks for the reply. I see now that the Impreza had a Brighton model, but my Brighton is a Legacy. Do you have a Forester? If it's not too much trouble, can you measure your rear seats so I can compare to what I just measured in my Brighton:

42.5" from center of bolts where seat bracket mounts on the floor on driver's side to center of bolts on bracket on passenger side

18" from center of bolts on driver's side to center of bolts on the floor below the 60/40 split

14.5" from center of bolt on side of seat (not the pair on the floor but the one several inches up the side of the seat) up to the bracket/latch that secures the seat back to the frame above the wheel

If it's too much hassle, thanks anyway, I'll get this problem solved eventually.

THey will fit, the brighton model just means that it is the bottom of the line, interior will swap over from any legacy, I know that the front seats will swap without a problem but the rear you will just have to install new mount brackets or drill new holes in your floor

Thanks for the reply. I see now that the Impreza had a Brighton model, but my Brighton is a Legacy. Do you have a Forester? If it's not too much trouble, can you measure your rear seats so I can compare to what I just measured in my Brighton:

42.5" from center of bolts where seat bracket mounts on the floor on driver's side to center of bolts on bracket on passenger side

18" from center of bolts on driver's side to center of bolts on the floor below the 60/40 split

14.5" from center of bolt on side of seat (not the pair on the floor but the one several inches up the side of the seat) up to the bracket/latch that secures the seat back to the frame above the wheel

If it's too much hassle, thanks anyway, I'll get this problem solved eventually.

I don't have one, but my mom does. I won't be seeing her for probably a week or more.

What I meant was that Impreza seats will swap into Legacys with slight modifications. I believe ZeusMarine has some good pictures showing the differences.

Archived