LegacyGT.com

Car idleing high

I have the 2.2 Legacy, just the other day it started idling funny, before it would always idle below 1,000 RPM and always drop there instantly after pushing in the clutch. But now when I push the clutch in the RPM slowly drop to about 1,600 RPM and drop down to about 1,200 RPM once the vehicle comes to a complete stop, or very close to not moving at all. It does not matter if I'm going 50 and coast to a stop in nuetral, or if I push the clutch in while in traffic, the RPM'S sit at 1,500 until I'm bassically stopped, then they drop to about 1,200 which is still higher then what it used to idle at. I'm not sure what the problem is since I've never beat on the car, always drive it the same way, even changed all the fluids recently. Any insight would be much appriciated, thanks

Not really. I had problems where the vac lines connect to metal nipples. It cost me like 12 bucks, about 11ft, or vac line to replace it all.

If the lines are crusty just replace them, only take one off at a time though because you will start to get them mixed up lol

Archived