LegacyGT.com

Looking for a good tuner shop in the Bay Area

tross13

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else already. I made diligent use of the search function but couldn't find anything. :redface:

I am looking for a reputable tuner shop in the Bay Area that works on Subarus - any suggestions? I'm thinking about upgrading the turbo on my Legacy, and I don't want anybody touching my car that hasn't been recommended to me by someone here. ;)

My knowledge of tuning is limited, but I do understand the basics. Price doesn't matter as long as the shop is reliable, trustworthy, and willing to stand by their work.

I'm also looking for someone who can do suspension work and, ideally, also sell me a set of rims and tires.

Thanks! :cool:

I've had work done by both GST and Speed Element. GST might be a bit better since you're looking for a tune and they have a dyno. They should be able to hook you up with wheels as well since wheeldude is in the area.

Numerous other options around that I'm sure people will chime in about.

Just to welcome you back in the community ...My apologies, I cannot pitch in with your numerous querries about modding...I too would like to know...47775 plus miles ,and still mechanically unmodded...Soon, one day when I grow, it wont be a dream no more..

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-stage-2-graph-ed-eq-146433.html

Just had Ed tune my car, runs like a champ! They do work on cars also :)

Wow, that's pretty cool! Hopefully I'll be able to post something similar in the near future. ;)

This is probably a newbie question, but is Ed from GST? (And just to confirm, it's GST Motorsports in Hayward, right?)

47775 plus miles
Ok, that's just weird. I went and filled up my car today and when I got home the odometer was reading 47,557. :eek:

Wow, that's pretty cool! Hopefully I'll be able to post something similar in the near future. ;)

This is probably a newbie question, but is Ed from GST? (And just to confirm, it's GST Motorsports in hayward)

Ed is EQ tuning in Davis....Mike is the tuner at GST and there are a few mechanics for the installs etc....and yes they are in Hayward (more like the edge of Fremont/Hayward). As an aside, they can sometimes to hard to get ahold of by phone, the easiest way to contact them is by PM on I-club.

Ed is EQ tuning in Davis....Mike is the tuner at GST and there are a few mechanics for the installs etc....and yes they are in Hayward (more like the edge of Fremont/Hayward). As an aside, they can sometimes to hard to get ahold of by phone, the easiest way to contact them is by PM on I-club.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll reach out to Mike at GST and go from there. I used to live in Union City near Industrial so looking at the map I think I know exactly where the GST shop is.

Ok, I've gone and made an account over at I-club. Do you happen to know offhand what Mike's/GST's user name is? If you don't know off the top of your head I'm sure I can figure it out. ;)

Thanks again for all the help - you guys rock. :cool:

Just shoot a PM to GST Motorsports....Mike or the office guy (can't remember his name) will answer it and either one will be able to set you up/answer questions. They also have their own section under the Vendor sub-forum.

Some Vendor specials can also be found under the Vendor Classifieds or Vendor Announcements sub-forums too ;)

same thing i post in every thread:

GST Motorsport in Hayward. mike is a real good guy, and he talks with an Aussie accent so he sounds almost as cool as he actually is.

LIC in Novato. the brothers Levi have been doing crazy swaps for years.

FLI in Santa Rosa. Ryan's guys do good work and hes pretty funny.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived