LegacyGT.com

question about tuned with BOV

GTLegacy05

I think I might already know the answer to what im going to ask i'm just making sure. I'm etuned for stage 2 and an hks ssqv that Is VTA(yea wanted the noise lol) and pretty much everytime I go WOT and am shifting I get a pop/backfire and the occasional flame along with it. my question is if I just put the BOV to full recirc will that be ok with the tune being meant for VTA? or will I have to put one of my map back on when I had it at stage 2 and full recirc?

not according to my gauges, but it seemed that way with how much it was shooting flames and yea I was lol everytime I would go wot and shift I would shoot a flame I had friends behind me that said it would happen everytime I shifted and they weren't small ones it would sound like a gunshot and then a big flame and most of the time I could see the flash from the flame in my side mirrors lol. I just put it back to recirc and I have no more backfires and haven't seen a flash yet and no one said that they've seen any either.

Theres flames because you let off the gas and the ecu is telling it to add fuel when theres not much air (runs rich) so excess fuel doesnt burn and the hot turbo combust the fuel making a pop noise (after fire not backfire)= flames:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived