LegacyGT.com

Help with identifying front lip.

CB-M3

i ran over a curb stop with my Ravspec PU lip, the lip folded itself under the car then popped back out when i reverse the car. I was WTF LOL :eek: no cracks, every bolt and washer still in place, just minor scuffs on the PU surface (because i didn't paint over it)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

i ran over a curb stop with my Ravspec PU lip, the lip folded itself under the car then popped back out when i reverse the car. I was WTF LOL :eek: no cracks, every bolt and washer still in place, just minor scuffs on the PU surface (because i didn't paint over it)

Same thing happened to me once, that's what I love about PU. It doesnt look as "solid" as fiberglass but it's much more durable.

^ That's the thing for me, too - here in NE-Ohio, it's either the rubber DIY lip or PU, if longevity is to be measured in anything longer than a few days or weeks.

And before anyone flames: remember, I'm an old DSMer...my previous rides were all essentially hovercrafts, so it's not that I don't know how to drive in a lowered car with a ground-hugging front lip - rather, it's just that our roadways here (and even moreso private entryways and driveway aprons) really will do a number.

While I also like the aesthetics of the RBS lip better, the PU material of the RavSpec was what won me over in the end, and got me off my rubber DIY lip. :) It's a concession towards practicality, for a true daily-driven commuter.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 6 months later...

Archived