LegacyGT.com

Not hitting boost targets or near it

So ever since i got the car my first part was a boost gauge, It never hit the stock boost levels that i have read it would stay little over 5 psi -

And now i am stage 2 its the same thing my target is at 18 - but i never see 18 matter of fact i never see close to to that!

This morning i took the intercooler off some tabs looked weird so i tried to bend them back and did the JB weld around it real good.

I think about total 10 hours passed by at 10 PM today i went out to just do one gear pull on the highway and to my amazement it hit 18 ! and it tappered very smoothly!...

[never seen this happen before] i was so happy till about making a u turn to come back home, I tried doing another run guess what NOPE back to the old it hits 13 and goes to 8 ASAP again....

So i am stumped i took off the inter again i cant see anything wrong

Help is needed thanks -

There's a bunch of folks here who would be happy to help, but they are probably going to need more info. What year is your car, what mods are you running, and what kind of Stage 2 tune are you running? Do you have the ability to data log, or can you find a local member to data log for you? Where are you at?

Also, this thread may get a better response in the Tuning area of the forum; perhaps one of the Mods can move it?

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/tuning-84.html

When you had the TMIC off, did you check to see that all the vacuum tubes were properly connected, especially the T-connector under the IC?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

^^ hey its 2005 MT

Tune is a road tune

Modifications Catless DP/UP

T connector ??? unless i do not know the name or i did not check that is there picture you can show me?.

For some reason tho man i am confident that when i was messing around there either the intercooler is blown again [maybe] or something else...

Because like i said i NEVER seen this car hit higher than 12... matter of fact it hit 14 but .12323 second later flies down to 6-7...

So weird

So update after removing it again last night and putting some more jb weld

Checking all of the hoses.

Red silicone gasket maker between any spots that can cause leaks including the T connector for the boost gauge.

Did 2 runs 3rd and 4th boost is back i came back home i dont know how long it will last but we'll see.

does it feel like its not as powerful as it should be? reason i ask is because I had the same problem on my evolution. When i saw good boost it felt just as strong as it felt when i looked like i had boost problems. In the end it ended up being the boost lines. i had a hole in the hose.

stock intercooler is garbage. i jb welded and siliconed the crap out of that thing. I'm actually planning to burn mine and have a farewell F U party for it very soon. So happy i got rid of that thing! Check your TB to intercooler hose too if it comes back. the gaskets on those seem to go too. happened to me....

I have a similar problem. The tuner found that there was a leak somewhere via laptop. My car was losing .2x% pressure. Boost would hit high from the previous owners crap tune, then the car would act as yours does. He and his shop partner found there was a leak on the very side of where the fins meet the plastic. I have a Perrin tmic coming tues to resolve this issue. Oh why couldn't subaru give the LGT's non-plastic tmic?!?

does it feel like its not as powerful as it should be? reason i ask is because I had the same problem on my evolution. When i saw good boost it felt just as strong as it felt when i looked like i had boost problems. In the end it ended up being the boost lines. i had a hole in the hose.

no but i can tell you this when i went to stg2 from stock i felt no difference almost because my boost was leaking heavily......

now i finnaly feel it

Archived