LegacyGT.com

BC BR Coilovers w/ swift springs

wpmarky

Has anyone tried ordering custom Swift springs rates for their BC coilovers yet?

I spoke with a BC Racing rep, and he mentioned that for the 6k/8k BC BR Coilover set that most of us here purchased, the dampers can handle +/- 2k of spring rate. He also said they can sell regular springs for $100 a pair, or Swift springs for $160 at whatever spring rate I'm looking for.

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking at getting a set of 8k/9k swift springs for my BC BR Coilovers. They say the swift springs are "better", but can't explain why.

The main advantage of swapping springs is you can get a longer spring if you aren't slamming the car. We swapped 1" longer Swifts on my friend's Ground Control coilovers. They replaced Eibach springs. With the extra travel and better spring rate, the car rides and performs a lot better. I think the linearity of the Swifts is better than other brands.

I might pick-up a set of KW coilovers in the spring and look into custom rates

What did you think of the 8k/10k setup?

Did you get struts that were valved already for 8k/10k?

I'm trying to decide between ordering the 10k BC springs for $125, or the 8k & 10k swifts for $325.

I liked it. Nice solid ride at 10 clicks from soft. That was about the limit before it got too harsh for daily driving in md. I never got to track it. But It was a very noticeable improvement over the bilsteins and pinks I used to run, I felt like the car was a lot more responsive to my inputs.

I'm not sure about the struts though...I should ask Josh at importimageracing about that. I know the coilovers had to be special ordered for me.

I feel like the swifts may be worth it, for better performance and longevity $200 may be worth it.

• 3 years later...

Archived