LegacyGT.com

Anyone have nosie with tsk3 throw out bearing?

94sportsedan

I have just about 8k miles on my act clutch set up and TSK3 throw out bearing. Lately when starting up the car cold and enaging the clutch pedal I'm getting metal scraping/squealing sounds once again. The same sound that forced me to replace the stock clutch and TOB at 73k miles.

I was wondering has anyone else had any issues with their TSK3 TOB getting noisy so soon?

Mine started makeing the same whine noise as the old TOB with in 2 weeks of being installed. Doesn't do it all the time, but the old didn't either.

No metal noise though.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 years later...

Bumping this old thread... Just installed my TSK3 kit as well and I have a feeling I am hearing some kind of grinding noise from it or something when I put some load on the engine. I need to record it to see what you guys think.

Some more info: prior to having it installed, I drove my car from day 1 without the 'dogbone pitch mount' (3 years total). Upon installing the TSK3 kit, I've replaced the broken pitch mount with a group-N from Fred beans. Since then, I think I am hearing transmission or TOB noise :confused:. And each time I start the car, I can really hear the starter motor now!

I'm sure your picking up the tranny noise thru the Group N mount.

To update my reply from years ago. My noise was the engagement of the Spec 2+ clutch I had in the car. That material is known to be loud.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm sure your picking up the tranny noise thru the Group N mount.

That's my guess but I want to make sure that is it. I took the mechanic who worked on my car for a drive. I was trying to describe to him what I was hearing but for him the car sounded just fine. I will still get a video recording of it.

Archived