LegacyGT.com

EVO X Seats in LGT

m sprank

I searched. To no avail. Not that hard, but my head is pounding. Someone please give me hand. Flame away if you must, I am just way too tired.

But, I have a set of EXO X seats offered to me. They have sliders and mounts. Apparently they might have been in an LGT before, but an 05-07 not an 08-09. I have an 08.

My big questions are fit? I hear they do, but how well.

Airbags. What do I need to trick the sensors?

Heaters. I assume just disconnect.

Belts. Do I need a harness and bar?

Thanks in advance. The selling member is clueless too, lol.

there was a member here that had 9 seats so im sure its possible. dont know his handle but it was that guy that was selling his really nice lgt and moving to japan/china???

i noticed he had 9 seats so i searched his old posts and saw how he did, cant recall but hope those clues help.

Seats are in another county. Hard to just "measure". I know I can make them fit. Where there is a will and a welder there is a way. Its more of the other things. Car is for show. Hate to have screwey airbag lights and such. Heck I just bought a DAMD wheel to keep the airbag, lol.

I will look for the threads on the 9 seats. I found a couple on 8 seats.

You'll need resistors to fool the airbag sensors. Helped a friend install STI seats in his Forester XT. I think they were 3 ohm resistors and we snagged some extra connectors from a junk yard and soldered up the resistors to them.

Are the seller's seats the same as the USDM Evo X seats? It would be in your best interest to take some measurements for the sliders and rails to see how the height compares with the stock seats

I think it is a 3k resistor. My battery is dead, the car sat so long. It wont hold a charge, lol. Have to get it on a charger just to run test. Too busy to verify. It is not a top priority, sorry. On fourth offer with bank trying to buy a house (right next to your neighborhood, eek!). Head is going to explode.

You'll need resistors to fool the airbag sensors. Helped a friend install STI seats in his Forester XT. I think they were 3 ohm resistors and we snagged some extra connectors from a junk yard and soldered up the resistors to them.

Are the seller's seats the same as the USDM Evo X seats? It would be in your best interest to take some measurements for the sliders and rails to see how the height compares with the stock seats

I thought airbag sensors were plug and play.... see naylors link as well as this

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/bobbys-wrb-07-fsxt-55893/

start on page 52

I think in the end I might try the EVO X seats in my Nissan Frontier minitruck. My back is killing me from all the miles I put in that thing. I want something more exotic for the SpecB.

Going to go over to Naylors tomorrow and measure. If its close, I will buy them and give it a whirl.

• 2 weeks later...
no, no, no...08 sti seats are crap. Those are not the seats he is looking for. The evo's are seats he wants *jedi mind trick wave*

yea from what I understand the bottom cushion on the new sti seats is basically just the forester cushion. At least that is what I read in a thread where they were putting 08 STI seats in a forester.

Archived