LegacyGT.com

Chinese Fuel Pump

I bought a chinese fuel pump for a wrx on ebay (stupid idea).. I Installed it a couple weeks ago and have had a the same problem a couple times.

Today my car was close to WOT turning up a slow 90 degree "onramp". I made it about half way up and my engine started dropping rpms and then picking up again, but come the top it died completely. After turning it over a couple times on flat ground it started again and drove fine..

I took the pump out a couple of days ago and saw that there is a hole that releases gas out of the bottom of them pump, It was covered up by the rubber "Pump holder". I cut the rubber and gave it room to escape back into the tank.... I thought that would fix it but after today i guess it hasnt.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-Pump-Subaru-WRX-Impreza-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f0350a689QQitemZ270638556809QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1847wt_941

The new pump "strainer" is flat vs. 45degree downward of stock. Theres hardly a differance.. At least not so much that it wouldnt be able to suck up gas .. It does run out of gas sooner around a quarter tank.

When what i described above happened it was around half a tank.

I doubt the gas could have been pulled to the back so far that it starved the pump, which hangs so low in the tank... Maybe im wrong.. Is that possible?

Interesting note, i have a walbro in my car, i was told by multiple people to use the factory strainer on it, rather than the supplied walbro one. And this is a proper pump manufactuer!

Just to back up what quicksilver is saying.

Archived