LegacyGT.com

i have 2 legacy gt 5 eat. but they both feel different.

06wrxlbart

2005 legacy gt sedan 39k and 2005 legacy gt wagon 62k miles.

I picked up the wagon yesterday from bertera subaru the 5eat in the wagon feels much more connected to the engine and more responsive. Is there a tcu software update available that I should ask about? (For the sedan)

The sedan is bone stock with a tranny cooler and k&n drop in filter.

Complete tune up was done 2 weeks ago. Sparkles, tyranny filter and fluid, front and rear diff fluid.

The wagon is also bone stock.

• Mega Users
Possibly worn out mounts. On average, a sedan will be thrashed around more than a wagon. You probably know how the sedan was driven. Even with more miles, if the wagon was babied, the tranny mounts would probably be in better condition.

This is supposed to firm up the 5EATs shifts a good bit if its feeling a bit sloppy: http://www.rallitek.com/RalliTEK-5EAT-Transmission-Mount-Insert/p-4635

I have one but still yet to install it, so can't give my own review of it.

Ill try to get these possibly next week and see if that helps.

Possibly worn out mounts. On average, a sedan will be thrashed around more than a wagon. You probably know how the sedan was driven. Even with more miles, if the wagon was babied, the tranny mounts would probably be in better condition.

I Dont think the sedan was beaten on at all. I mean I got the car in very good condition and with only 29k miles for a 5 year old car at the time. I think the car sat a lot of the time.

I dont know but the throttle response on the wagon is 100% better than the sedan. I saw someone post a TCU update from Subaru on here but I cant find anymore info on it.

Archived