LegacyGT.com

Smallest rim that fit on a 2006 Legacy 2.5i

Pinter

Hey all,

I am trying to price out rims/tires for my Legacy. I know they come with 17" rims stock but how small can you go? From what i read the 2.5i have smaller breaks then the GT's so can I go all the way down to a 15" or is the smallest a 16" ?

Anybody who knows for sure and wants to speak out will get a big thank you.

Thanks

Sorry we couldn't help, but I think you get kudos for asking a question that I don't recall ever seeing asked before, in my 6 years here! We don't get many "new" questions anymore. And I feel like we've failed you! 15" wheels may possibly be fine, but you'd have to bring your car to a local shop for a test fitting to be sure that they clear the brakes. I'm doubtful that they would clear, myself.

Anyone with the factory 16" wheels here? Is there more than a half inch clearance from the caliper to the inside of the wheel??

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

My 2005 Legacy 2.5i came with 16" wheels, so I know they fit. They are now my winter wheels, so I can't say how much clearance is left until I swap them on in another month or so. If you can get your hands on a 15" wheel that you'd like to use, you can test fit it yourself. If it clears the front brakes, it should clear the rears with no problems.

Your best chance would be 15" rally rims. TeamIluminata.com sells Team Dynamics and BRAID rims. Those rims are engineered to fit over brakes that usually require 16" rims. Most notably, they will fit over the Subaru 4pot/2pot calipers. I don't know how the LGT brakes compare to the 06/07 WRX brakes, but if they are the same size or smaller, you should be good to go with TD or BRAID 15" rims.

For S&Gs, I should see if they can fit my spec..

Hey all, I should upgrade this since I forgot about it. I called a shop and smallest rim that can fit over the brakes is 16" so I am going with a 16" rim with a 205/55R16 tire ontop.

Like I said, I just wanted to get as small as possible for price. Thanks all for your help.

Archived