LegacyGT.com

05 suddenly won't run. Ideas? +02 Sensor

Did you see where they say it is? According to my shop manual it's behind the glove box.

By the way, thanks guys for the help so far http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif. I really do appreciate it

I based that off of this thread about an 4th gen LGT which I thought might be similar. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fuel-pump-relayi-16528.html

I would trust your FSM.

I have never seen missing teeth on a timing belt. Skipping timing can happen and can cause a no start issue but the way your car reacted it is not likely. You said it would idle fine at the gas station till you tried to take off. This would indicate the cam timing is fine.

It still sounds like fuel pressure issues to me.

I just replaced heads on a 05 Impreza because of exactly this. although it not run at all - one of the rollers actually broke off because of the tension caused by the t-belt ripping off and getting rolled under/over another pully cause of teeth ripping off - although that was @ 110k on a NA motor.

He got more codes than what your getting though lol.

good luck.

I just replaced heads on a 05 Impreza because of exactly this. although it not run at all - one of the rollers actually broke off because of the tension caused by the t-belt ripping off and getting rolled under/over another pully cause of teeth ripping off - although that was @ 110k on a NA motor.

He got more codes than what your getting though lol.

good luck.

I think that is a horse of a different color. The tow truck driver suggested teeth came off and it skipped time. Never seen that before. Honestly, I have never seen a missing tooth even on belts that have broken.

I can however see on a Subie how a broken belt could get jammed up in one of the guides and a tooth get ripped off.

Boom, bad gas. I siphoned it out from the fuel pump opening, put fresh gas in and am back on the road. It was from a gas station that just opened recently, a Marathon, that had been closed down for the past couple years. Half the pumps were still out of service

And in the process I took out my glove box to check the fuel pump relay and pulled the fuel pump because I couldn't feed a tube down the filler neck to siphon. Luckily I only bought 5 gallons. Once I figure out the drivers for my new phone I can upload pictures

That is crazy. Were there other cars in the area that were also dead and needed to be towed away? I am sure if the station had a load of bad gas, there would be a bunch of cars affected. Have you approached the gas station about the issue? I know that Shell guarantees their gas around here.

I have been a mechanic for over 20 years and have never heard of anybody that has gotten a tank of gas that the motor would not run on unless they put the wrong gas in. Did you accidentally fill up with E85?

Archived