LegacyGT.com

16.7 psi boost with stage 1?

elib

This morning I had to pull out into heavy traffic so I did a 5K clutch dump and later I noticed that my AP said I had hit 16.7psi boost! I've never seen it above 15.4psi before since I got the AP and went stage 1, cobb OTS ACN stage 1 map. It's a otherwise stock spec.B.

Is this normal? Should I be worried? I tried to search on this but couldn't find anything relevant.

Mine's done it a few times, but after I was stage-1 for a while, it stopped spiking that high.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

So, if this is something to be concerned about what do I do to fix it/diagnose the root cause? I also have a racing catted DP on the way, hopefully will install it next weekend. Will going stage 2 make this worse or possibly fix it?

Hey Eli, I wouldn't worry about a 1 time boost spike, especially when you did a 5k dump. Stage 2 will set higher boost targets. When you have your car lifted, just check all the tubes to make sure nothing is loose. And log from 2k-7k. A couple runs should tell you whether or not things are ok.

Archived