LegacyGT.com

Should Have Pics of the AVIC-N2 Installed This Week!

mmanus88

Well, finally p[icked up my balls and ordered the new avic-n2. i also have the JDM din slot to fit it. i will be recieving the unit monday or tuesday and havign it installed teh same week. i am going to a new audio place that my cousin reccomended me to, what is a fair price for this sort of installation? i am promise to post pics :)

I think you should install it yourself. Pioneer instructions are pretty clear - I don't think you'd have any problems. Plus you'd be saving yourself a lot of money probably (I wouldn't be surprised if the shop asked for like $100+ just to install). Should you have any questions, call your cousin or some other audiophile friend.

car is currently in the shop, shoudl have it by today with pics for u guys. in addition to instaliling the avic unit, i am very happy because thye are ditching my fm modulator for sirius and running it through the auxiliry port on the avic. no more shit quality :lol: should be a nice setup will have pics later today

car is currently in the shop, shoudl have it by today with pics for u guys. in addition to instaliling the avic unit, i am very happy because thye are ditching my fm modulator for sirius and running it through the auxiliry port on the avic. no more shit quality :lol: should be a nice setup will have pics later today

Any updates? :)

picked up teh car yesterday,m the unit is incredible, i am ultra satisfied. the guy also put a switch that overrides that safety feature of not being able to switch routes during driving over 5 mph, i decided ot hide the switch becaus eof picky aesthetics, but if i find a need to always change route during driving i'll undig it from the counsel. will have pics tonite, have to celebrate mother's day.

cheers :redface:

looks like a clean install. can you post the dimentions of the nav unit. Screen size as well as the dimentions of the din unit as well?

Also, how are you powering the unit, did u tap into the existing power or did you run wiring from the battery?

the install seemed fairly complicated... i watched the final half hour of the installation and they had the whole console ripped apart and whatnot..... i am guessing they are tapping power from the console (it still works for AC pruposes of course). i will post all specifics when i get home today.

Yeah, for just a new HU that makes sense, if you had gotten new amps and a sub, they prob would've run it from the battery.....

Enjoy the new toy...I'm jealous........

Hey did they hook up the gauges, I thought I remember reading that your unit could display boost and such.....

Looks awsome!! I am still going back and forth with doing the same set-up. The only thing that bugs me is that I would have 2 headunit sin my car, one with absolutely no purpose. But it looks soo sweet, and navi would be awsome to have!

Regardless nice job!

gauges work, no hookup nessecary. the thing has its own gyroscope, its dead-on accurate with legacy's gauges, even gives u slope and mph down to the first decimal place. another awesome thing is that it vastly increased the quality of my sound system.... its output is great and is higher quality than waatever unit the subby was originally feeding through for audio. my sirius sounds like it really should now. legayc05, all that info is posted, the DIN is found at avoturboworld, dimensions on pioneers site (naturally). anyone looking for navi/multimedia powerhouse/bling def go with this unit.

The only thing that bugs me is that I would have 2 headunit sin my car, one with absolutely no purpose.

I installed my pioneer DVD player with the avo din panel, but I used a LOC to send the speaker signal from the stock deck into the aux in on my pioneer, so I still have the 6 disk changer, and the FM radio comes from the stock deck (so I dont have to use special antenna connections!!)

i have a question of my own. the pioneer head unit puts out more than subaru inteded (i would think?) 50x4 wattage. wat are safe settings regarding khz or watever for the unit regarding subbie's maximum capacity on the speakers (no danger of blowing them out). sorry this is poorly worded, my audio knowledge is fairly basic.

Archived