LegacyGT.com

Mod related

Am getting some work done to my 2005 5eat lgt gradually but need some guidance. existing mods is catback exhaust and CAI.what am doing is up pipe down pipe. FMIC with hks bov and boost oil pressure and trans temp gauge.

what i need help with is

1. where can i tap into to install trans temp gauge
  2. i have installed the up pipe and down pipe. this monday i will be doing the FMIC with hks BOV. am using APV1 to tune the car i have 2 maps stage 1 and stage 2.

my question is i need a car for the weekend with just the dp and up pipe done to it can i drive the car without tuning it and finishing the work or not or do i need to at least throw in the stage 1 map.

thanks

You can Tee into the cooler output line, or you can get an M18x1.5 to 1/8npt adapter and put it in the trans drain plug. I say first option is better, some say second option is better. I'm going to do both...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

AP1 turned my ECU into a paperweight when I went to get a tune done

That's probably more a Cobb software bug issue than an AP1 vs AP2 issue. Either way an incredibly rare occurrence.

The wonder is he could get ECU access for very little money, with great transparency, or get a Cobb APv2 for the same money, and achieve the opposite... Or do nothing and be perfectly fine...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have went Cobb 1 and now I am doing Cobb 2 (perrin) as my car permits(Down pipes, ups too, and intakes), (got me a wagon!) I would like to think it does well, I do 93 octane, any idea on the 1/4 before I a run it? without the wheel in the back, I want to make it weigh less.... other ideas?

Well something was rattling around in the apv1. Maybe it was the determining factor for my ecu bricking.

If you heard something rattling around in your engine, would you keep driving?

I currently am... But that's just because I have a new motor going in next week...;)

:lol:

Hope you have new pan, oil cooler, heads, turbo, etc also in case the problem (if there is a problem) develops.

Actually, I hear more than a fair share of rattles with my car. Five years old, 101k and I only got to put a couple thousand on her. I drive in paranoia daily. But I do the upkeep. Fluids, belts, tire rotations, and add upgrades when finances allow for it.

Found out.... T'was a cheap windshield replacement... years ago during hail damage before the new insurance. I hate that thing, it seals but still. It makes noise. I think I mght be able to get a new one from PPG glass. (Lets hope to have it put in with a guy that has 2 eyes this time.:) !!!)

Archived