LegacyGT.com

Accessport For 05 GT

I am a complete noob when it comes to this. I am coming over from the Audi scene so this accessport stuff is all new to me.

My question is this:

Can I buy a newer accessport for $595 to load a stage 1 map on my 2005 or do I need to get the original v1 accessport?

if you go to cobb's website and select your car and click on power it will come up with 3 different options for the AP (05-06, 07-09 and, 10). If you select th 05-06 thats the one you need when you order it, it will be the AP-SUB-002 (Cobb makes 3 dif AP for Subaru's, the 002 is for the 2.5s). I bought one about a month ago and it works great.

v2 I believe a aftermarket Tuner can load base maps too. When Tuning Alliance makes a map for my v1 he can only load it as a real time map. Which means that if the battery is disconnected the map needs to be reloaded. I think he said if I had v2 he could load it as a base map.

I'm not real good with all that computer stuff.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

One big downside, is that if you need to load maps onto a V1 you will need a pc/laptop with an old-school serial port. That is not required if the V1 already has the latest/correct maps loaded onto it ( which it probably does)

So I think the quick summary is that if you want to "flash and forget" your 05, a V1 will work, but if you want more go for the v2. If you buy second hand make 100% sure the AP has been "unmarried" from the sellers car. If not, you have bought a paperweight.

AP's have great value second hand, so if you buy the V2, then a few years down the road sell it, the AP will still have significant value.

Or, of course, just pay infamous to do a Stg1 road tune.....!

Archived