LegacyGT.com

Nu 2011 STI (first look)

boymk123

• Mega Users

Its still listed under the WRX distinction on their website just like the STi is an option for the WRX. I think it will always be considered a WRX. Its just a WRX tuned by STi. Anybody have pictures of the engine bay? I'm just curious to see what if anything has changed.

I beleive Subaru re-classified the Imprezas a couple years back. No more WRX-STI just the WRX, or STI. Simpler and cleaner. The same time they did away with RS and used 2.5i and TS I beleive.

I think the STI has earned enough notoraity on it's own to stop hiphenating, it can stand alone as an Impreza STI , without using the WRX name as a crutch:lol:

I think Legacy drivers tend to want a bit more of the sleeper look, otherwise we'd be rolling STI. There's nothing sleeper about that wing. WRX and STI buyers definitely wanted the wing back, so I'm glad Subaru listened and offered it. I'll definitely consider a STI but I prefer the hatch style - plenty of go, little less show. I'd debadge that backside pretty quick, though I like the STI grill emblem. just my .02

yeah, little more downforce at max speed. iirc it bumps you up 3mph at top speed. I don't have too many stretches of road around here to hit 158mph though. I'd prefer a more subtle lip spoiler for my daily driving. But, to each their own. I feel like that thing would give me more cop notice than downforce.

yeah, little more downforce at max speed. iirc it bumps you up 3mph at top speed. I don't have too many stretches of road around here to hit 158mph though. I'd prefer a more subtle lip spoiler for my daily driving. But, to each their own. I feel like that thing would give me more cop notice than downforce.

i agree with you on that but besides the badge the wing is what makes a STi an STi.:cool:

i agree with you on that but besides the badge the wing is what makes a STi an STi.:cool:

Do you have any idea of how many early STi owners traded their trunklids

with WRX owners to avoid the attention of that monster wing.

I was one of many. :spin:

You all do realize the car will go faster without the wing, right?

I saw a video of an EVO that spun out of control when they removed the wing. So you might go 3mph faster... but you are left in the bushes at the end of the runway. Keep the wing, and stay on the road..

or stay off the landing strip and go slower than 160

I believe the subaru engineers put the damn wing on for a reason. Some of us have been debating about taking off the engine cover, and the result is?? the IC got hotter than before!

Again, the wing is supposed to be there to generate down force for the car's rear end, at some point it does its job!

Who care how many sti owner had swapped their trunks? its your own car, do whatever you like ;)

Subaru put the wing on so that the car would sell. Let's not overthink this like these cars are made for the F1 circuit. They may try to sell us on the increase in downforce or improved drag coefficient but I haven't seen too many news reports of M3's flying off of the road because they lack funny car wings. It's a PR move. Subaru built the hatch version based on the request of their real rally car drivers. They built the winged sedan based on the request of their salesmen. That said, buy what you like.

Just came back from my dealer training on 11 WRX and STi and the 11 Forester today.

STi now uses a 21mm FSB 19 RSB 5mm lower than the 2010. Also uses increased front and rear spring rates.

A pretty cool change was the front control arm bushings are now pillow ball instead of the regular rubber bushing found in the 08-10 Impreza and the 05up Leggy's.

I'm going to see if these are the same size as the Leggy ones when we PDI another one on the hoist. If they are I know what I'm getting.

Archived