LegacyGT.com

For CT, Should I tint?

Magic Marker

Ok, I checked out the tint laws for CT and found I can have 35% or lighter all the way around the car, but I have to have some kind of sticker on each tinted window about it's legality.

For the CT people (specifically the Enfield area), am I going to have a problem with 35% - 40% tint? Do the cops have issues and will I just stick out like a sore thumb? Do any of you use that sticker?:spin:

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

(Groton CT)

My wife has 35% on her Honda Accord, and she's never been hassled. My best friend has 20% on his '03 M3...and he's never been hassled about it.

In all honesty...it's gonna depend on what kind of mood the cop is in when if they pull you over.

I have 35% in the front, and 20% in the rear and have never had a problem. I got my tints done at Sun Glory Tinting on the Berlin Turnpike. They were pretty pricey (I have a wagon, so there's more windows), but they came with a lifetime gaurantee against bubbling and purpling. I would recommend them.

Ok, I checked out the tint laws for CT and found I can have 35% or lighter all the way around the car, but I have to have some kind of sticker on each tinted window about it's legality.

For the CT people (specifically the Enfield area), am I going to have a problem with 35% - 40% tint? Do the cops have issues and will I just stick out like a sore thumb? Do any of you use that sticker?:spin:

How do you like the 3.6R? I was considering one or an STi to replace my LGT when I sell it.

-mike

How do you like the 3.6R? I was considering one or an STi to replace my LGT when I sell it.

-mike

It's not here yet..... Possibly in two weeks. I should be down by you when Lee does my tint and clear bra. I've never had to wait for a car before and it's driving me crazy.

I'm going to have to walk over and take a look at the new place.

• 2 weeks later...

-mike

Mike

I just took delivery of it. I'll be down at Lee's on 10/3 if you want to take a look at it. The car will be there for a good part of the day with Lee working on it. I hope you guys will be around so I can check out the place or just hang out while I wait.

You wouldn't happen to have wifi at the shop I could hop onto?

We'll actually be up at Watkins Glen Oct 1-3 :( We'll have to make a special appt for you to come down sometime to check it out. Maybe your first oil change. :)

-mike

Sounds good. I'll def come by another time. Once I play around with the car some more, I am thinking of replacing the stock RSB with the STi RSB I had on the Impreza.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So many cars in CT have tinted windows I dont think you will have an issue with inspection or the cops. I purchased my car in March and I havent had inspection but in CT when you do have inspection it depends on who inspects your car. I have 20% tint on my car and knock on wood I havent had an issue.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

So many cars in CT have tinted windows I dont think you will have an issue with inspection or the cops. I purchased my car in March and I havent had inspection but in CT when you do have inspection it depends on who inspects your car. I have 20% tint on my car and knock on wood I havent had an issue.

Is your third brake light cut out? I have to figure out what I need to do when we transfer our NJ cars into CT.

Is your third brake light cut out? I have to figure out what I need to do when we transfer our NJ cars into CT.

no it is not cut out it was removed and tinted over. I had a spoiler on my car and when i went wingless i couldnt figure out how to turn that 3rd brakelight back on. I think it was disconnected from Subaru since my car had a wing originally.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

You are aware that there is no CT inspection process right? At lest I've never had to have any one of my cars inspected. They only do an emissions test and they can't fail you there for anything like tint, or brake lights and so on...

I'm not sure what the deal is with out of state imports though.

Also I've run around with 5% on my Beretta and don't have many issues, I only got pulled over once in Hartford since my windows were up due to it raining and I had no front plate. I think that got his attention first.

Also a thing to remember... Almost all windows are already 70% VLT and NOT 100% VLT so if you put 35% VLT film on a 70% VLT window, you end up with 24.5% VLT when tested.

Hence the reason why someone in this thread said their 10% tint measures in at 6% on police testers... do the math on what I sad and its within 1%

:)

Just something to remember, and why I say most state tint laws are BS because some say you have to have 100% VLT and that's impossible since all windows already block 30% light if not more.

CT08Spec.B, maybe its a specb thing, but my third brake light still works and my car is factory winged... is your bulb burnt out? LOL

You are aware that there is no CT inspection process right? At lest I've never had to have any one of my cars inspected. They only do an emissions test and they can't fail you there for anything like tint, or brake lights and so on...

Also I've run around with 5% on my Beretta and don't have many issues, I only got pulled over once in Hartford since my windows were up due to it raining and I had no front plate. I think that got his attention first.

Also a thing to remember... Almost all windows are already 70% VLT and NOT 100% VLT so if you put 35% VLT film on a 70% VLT window, you end up with 24.5% VLT when tested.

Hence the reason why someone in this thread said their 10% tint measures in at 6% on police testers... do the math on what I sad and its within 1%

Just something to remember, and why I say most state tint laws are BS because some say you have to have 100% VLT and that's impossible since all windows already block 30% light if not more.

CT08Spec.B, maybe its a specb thing, but my third brake light still works and my car is factory winged... is your bulb burnt out? LOL

I think when they tinted my car they disconnected the 3rd brake light and never reconnected it since the car had a spoiler. I am sure it works but its disconnected I just dont know how to reconnect it I cant find it in the trunk when I did the swap. I am not too worried about it honestly.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Thanks.. I didn't actually know that. Sounds just like NJ now so I should be all good if we move.

Im in Enfield and drive to MA each day for work. Never got a second look from a cop. See my pictures for color/tint. I got the job done at Mr Tint in West Springfield, right past the White Hut and Chevy Truck dealer.

I went right to the line of legal and didn't cross it. If the car were a 1996 teal green civic with a fart can exhaust, then yea I'd foresee it being an issue.

Archived