LegacyGT.com

New Owner 05 SWP GT

Just bought a Legacy GT SWP. 125k miles, great riding car and in wonderful shape. I introduced myself in the New Members section, but I figured most people wouldn't look in that area so I figured I would introduce myself in the place I will most likely be. So far, everyone that I have came into contact with has been welcoming, looking forward to becoming apart of LegacyGT.com

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/almostinvincible119/IMG_0442.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/almostinvincible119/IMG_0447.jpg

The previous owner of my car had that grille on it, after 30K miles of his use, the grille was all warped around the zip ties. I'm not sure if he didn't do it right or what but it looked TERRIBLE when i bought the car. I immediately purchased a stocker. I like the look of that best IMO. Haven't found an aftermarket or DIY that I like as much.

To each his own.

That's nice the headlights are already cleared! Clean looking interior.

very clean, and you got swp w/out the forking beige interior = double nice!

Haha. Thanks. I do hate black carpet, hard to get dirt out, but I HATE tan interior, stains to easy. Tan leather might have been ok though. I looked pretty hard for a car with the black interior in good shape and this is what I came up with. Pretty sure, even with the higher mileage, that I made a good choice.

I immediately purchased a stocker. I like the look of that best IMO. Haven't found an aftermarket or DIY that I like as much.

To each his own.

Agreed, stocker painted black FTW! The mesh ones looks slightly better with an emblem in the middle, but still not my cup o' tea.

Welcome to the madness?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/whiteSubaru2.jpg

I don't have an issue with your grille...not at all. Nice looker in fact!

:D

Thanks, I guess its all personal preference. I love the look of that JDM Spec B DiY grille on here that someone has posted in the free mods. So that's what I'm leaning towards. I also think that this grille would look better with an emblem.

Altered yes (photoshop no) as my visual point was easier to make ...and yes he did notice and got my point...though he has too much 'class' to mention it openly..?

As before, I was focusing on him as a new memeber...and what he may have to offfer all of of us...and going easy on his very nice new ride...not his car's 'teeth' or someone's choice of dental appliance which indeed belonged to the original seller.

Cheers!

Well I've already got an air filter in it, not interested in goin CAI or RamAir, and I've got a catless UP on the way. The DP is catless.

I guess I'm looking at tint next, then HIDs, a tune and finally the JDM ac/double din setup. I guess that's about it. Its a family car, so I might put some headrest TVs in. Not looking to mod to much.

Yeah, I have been reading up on the intake and people have said that the Subi intakes are pretty straight until your pushing around 300hp. I was looking at an off brand header from a friend as well, but once again, people have said that gains from a AM header are going to be almost nill without a bigger turbo to process all of the extra gases.

So I think the remaining things will be small stuff, mostly interior. Might do the brake light mod, go with PC'd wheels but that will all be in time. I love the way it sounds with the catless DP and hopefully it will sound a little better with the catless UP. Dont want to do a CBE since like I said, its a family car. Im figuring a tune, with the air filter, the catless UP and DP will be plenty of power.

And yes, the Double Din kit is awesome...an awesome 350 bucks! Man, I almost wish I had the manual A/C controls.

Wait a second. No I don't!

Archived