LegacyGT.com

ilovebodykits.com anyone?

In general... You FAIL at life. And body kits are for ricers. So own up to your ricer heritage and just rock a painted body with primered or gel coated boky kit peices.

Either way post pics and from now on... research your vendors more carefully!

And tread carefully down the street you have chosen. Otherwise you might be getting more boxes checked on your citation!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/banfielddesign/Other%20Stuff/RiceCitation.jpg

This guy is asking a serious question and not being a dick about it. Why all the hate? Just because body kits are not your thing (i personally don't like them), doesn't mean you have to hate all over people who do like them. I may be a relative newb here also, but I know this isn't the norm on Legacygt.com.

I don't like what you are implying here. My posts are quite helpful. I have been thanked 23 times in 9 posts!

Most body kits do seem a little ridiculous, but I know most people have seen the body kit on the legacy on andys auto sport. I even thought that made the legacy a little sexier. Too bad about what happened to your leggy man. I'd say just order the body pieces and re-do your stock color.

That's what I am doing. Buying the body pieces and painting the stock color. I am not a fan of color match especially on the white pearl. They just never match up.

Since i am painting the entire car, I am getting all of the chips and dings taken out as well so it will look like new. Plus the kit is not too flashy so it will stand out, but not like any ricer out there haha

And tread carefully down the street you have chosen. Otherwise you might be getting more boxes checked on your citation!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/banfielddesign/Other%20Stuff/RiceCitation.jpg

Every one of us is guilty of Dual exhaust on a 4-cylinder.

Many of us are guilty of clear corner markers and tail light covers (Lamin-x)

To the OP, there is nothing wrong with body kits if the body work and paint is done right and you choose one that doesnt look too gawdy. I say go for it, just keep in mind how weak fiberglass is and how easy it is to chip/crack (been there, done that). I stuck with OEM pieces because of the far superior quality, fitment, and materials, and just threw a lip on mine for a nicer look.

On the search for a new DD...

Personally, I really don't like body kits. I can hardly believe I took the time to look this up. In his defense, though, it could be so, SO much worse. This is what he got (or tried to get, anyway):

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/images/products/05SBLEG4DWIN-001.jpg

Looks like a replica of an aftermarket JDM bumper I've seen. The side sills look like they might look ok. I need to see good pictures from more angles. Unfortunately this kit is for an 08-09 Legacy. There is no way in hell this will fit on an 05-07 Leggy. Good luck with that.

Every one of us is guilty of Dual exhaust on a 4-cylinder.

Many of us are guilty of clear corner markers and tail light covers (Lamin-x)

To the OP, there is nothing wrong with body kits if the body work and paint is done right and you choose one that doesnt look too gawdy. I say go for it, just keep in mind how weak fiberglass is and how easy it is to chip/crack (been there, done that). I stuck with OEM pieces because of the far superior quality, fitment, and materials, and just threw a lip on mine for a nicer look.

I know I have a inner ricer. But im most cases anything from a place like VIS/Wings est always looks RICEY.

I mean given the chance id be all over the albero front bumper. But I know I am a ricer!

so the body is a replica from INGS body kit so it has been in many subi sport magazines. I'm not trying to go all out and go ricer, but i don't want to look stock. I think this body keeps the subi looking good without being classified as ricer. The paint is staying the same so no worries about some god awful color driving down the road. It should look good when its done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I let everyone know my experience with this company. First off Ilovebodykits.com has over 35 complaints with http://www.bbb.org better business bureau, here is the list of problems people have with this company.

http://www.la.bbb.org/PublicComplaints.aspx?CompanyID=100044422

This is by far THE worst company Ive EVER done business with. They took about 3 weeks to ship a bumper and they kept saying they had shipped it. When I didn't get a tracking number each time, they kept promising it was going out that night. Should of just asked for a refund. The part that finally shipped didn't fit right and the body shop had to do a TON of work to make it work & it's still fit horrible. They said it was one of the worst fits they'd ever seen. It ended up costing me way more to fit to the car than I expected.

When I called back to complain, they didn't return my calls and one representative even told me to, "F*ck off". These guys are HORRIBLE!!! Please do not even consider ordering from them!!!

Their "money back guarantee" is a joke since I'd have to spend about $200 to ship a bumper that I would only get a $150 refund on.

I even had AMEX try to get the refund and after about 3 months of them trying, they gave up as well.

Please stay VERY, VERY far away from ilovebodykits. They are horrible!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM! I DID SOME SEARCHING ONLINE AND NOTICE THEY USED TO GO BY ANOTHER NAME. HOW THE HELL DO YOU SCREW PPL OVER AND STILL STAY IN BUSINESS? THIS COMPANY DOES. GO ONTO BBB.ORG AND LOOK THEM UP. GIVEN AN F GRADE! OR JUST LOOK UP COMPLAINTS OR REVIEWS ON THIS COMPANY ONLINE. ALL REVIEWS ARE HORRIBLE, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY FROM A MORE ESTABLISH BUSINESS.

Archived