LegacyGT.com

Hi all, new subie owner

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say what's up. I am myself a new subie owner and already have some ideas of what to do with my stock ride. I am undecided on some things and wanted to put it up for discussion. I am driving a white 1995 subaru legacy Lsi wagon, stock for now. I do a lot of field work and do go offroading quite a bit, but I am also a handling whore, so first things first is suspension mods.

Always clean upgrades, nothing ghetto. For now, was thinking on some Ksport coilovers, and some front and rear swaybars. Now for the shoes...this is always the hardest part. I don't want my car slammed, but I want it clean and flush. Initially was thinking of some 17's...but after seeing some cars on the forums, that might be too big I think. I still go offroading often, so I don't want a super thin sidewall, nor do I want to have to roll my fenders. So... probably some 16's.

Got my eyes on these: (sorry having trouble linking and posting pics, please just copy/paste into url)

http://www.vrwheels.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2724&zenid=f154a622a137a49e123e42c989796d4d

Tires to go with that.....not sure yet. Input??

im new to the subies as well and im starting to look around for random parts..

from reading i've haven't heard good things about k-sport coils.. and for wheels.. if you look around there are some nice gt's sitting on 18's but i didnt want to go with thinnest side wall either so i was set on some nice 17's.. still looking the market over.. but yeah man.. glad im not the only new guy haha, welcome

Hello all. I just scored my first Subrau also. Went froma 99 Neon to a 07 Focus wagon (now the wifes car) to a 97 Legacy GT, with only 91000 KM on it. My first AWd and i gotta say, VERRY inpressed. I cant wait for snow.

Now i just gotta decide if i want to sink cash into it... LOL

Don't sink cash into it. Invest cash into it ;)

Anyways, yea....will my car be lower with coilovers vs springs/shocks? I've had some HR springs/bilstein shocks on my old car, worked out wonderfully. I wanted to try coilovers this time, thought they were adjustable so I can adjust how much I want the car lowered??

you will be more than happy with how your car looks and handles with coilovers i love them bc racing has a really nice set stiff but not too stiff that you cant drive it everyday and trust me im putting them to the test new england isnt known for their roads plus once you see how amazing your car looks slammed whit a nice set of wheels you wouldnt want anything else :)

i paid a little over 1000 for mine but i got camber plates all around and yes coilovers are adjustable but its almost impossible to resist slamming your car when its a couple turns on the coils away :) check out subimods.com out they have great deals on coils just make sure you get ones for a 02-03 wrx because the bolt right in

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that bc racing coilover set on subimods is starting to sound very enticing. The other ones around that price I've found so far are Ksports, and I haven't really heard anything good or bad about em.

So for sure, the '02-'03 wrx coilovers (as you said) will fit my '95 legacy wagon?

Yea they should bolt right in as long as you have the 3 bolt top hats and don't get the k-sporty from what I hear they are not a very good ride I did my research before I bought mine and talked to alot of shop owners and the all told me bc is the best bang for your buck I took one them for a ride after I installed them and he was very surprised about the ride quality

Archived