LegacyGT.com

Tired of the crappy brakes and wheel selection

Kw521

I am looking to upgrade my brakes because this stock ones suck. I found some sti brembos/rotors(full set) but they are the 5x114.3 If i want to get this set up what do I have to do to the car to get it. Its it the axles i have to change as well?

So many threads on this. General consensus right now is that it is not possible on the 05-09 LGT without massive mods/$. Sorry, I don't feel like searching for the specific ones right now. If you can find an affordable way to do this, you'll be considered a hero on this forum.

Get some sti brembos used on eBay, I got front/ rear wit used rotors and pads $1000 bucks, replaced front wit new apm racing rotors($300) new stoptech pads, ($80) and the avo adapter bracket ($280) and rear parking brake shoe adapter (250) in all about 2000 for front and rear brakes that stop, factory brakes should be recalled for poor performance.

I am looking to upgrade my brakes because this stock ones suck. I found some sti brembos/rotors(full set) but they are the 5x114.3 If i want to get this set up what do I have to do to the car to get it. Its it the axles i have to change as well?

You can use any of the STi Brembo calipers ('04-'11) on the front, they will bolt on, but you will need '04 STI rotors (5x100). Rear calipers will bolt on with some of the adapter kits for the LGT, which include caliper brackets, the correct e-brake shoes, and 5x100 rotors.

You will still, however, be stuck with 5x100 (which isnt the worst bolt pattern in the world)

Archived