LegacyGT.com

broke down

Driving home from some bars my car decided to break down.. I was pulling pretty hard and I felt a lug, like the car didn't want to pull any harder. The car will lug when I give it gas and eventually shut off. it's not making any weird noises, but it does have a stench.. Cannot determine what it is or smells like. Anybody have any ideas?! Sorry the description is horrible it's pretty hard to explain this one though. I'm thinking maybe the fuel filter is clogged, but I would also think that would be gradualy not instant. She was doing fine before I got to the bars..

unless your running like stale gas your right the fuel filter wouldnt just clog right up.

i would simply unplug the maf sensor, restart the car and see what that does, since it should go into limp mode with preset air/fuel ratios.

if its not that, coolant smells weird as hell burning different than oil

did you notice anything on the temp bar, is it running at the same operating temperature? did you get a check engine light with it? if so the code reader will tell us alot more than we can guess

*you posted before i could, check all your hoses but its most likely a HG*

Put fresh gas in her last night from chevron and haven't ran anyhting besides 76 shell or chevron since I bought it 7k ago. Check engine light didn't come on and has stayed running at the same temp. I have a code reader but my check engine light isn't on so it won't read anything. My dad was telling me that he thinks I blew a headgasket since there was a lot of water spewing out the exhaust.

Archived