LegacyGT.com

$100 ipod integration and steering wheel audio controls!

Cardozzo

anybody have any experience with the griffin roadtrip?. i was thinking in might fit nicely in the armrest outlet?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roadtrip/

then add in the romote to your steering wheel:

http://griffintechnology.com/products/airclick/

for a bit ove $100 you now have ipod integration (of course w/ at best fm quality) and stereo controls on your steering wheel!

not perfect, but could be very nice. i think i'll order the combo today & i'll let you know my thoughts.

cheers,

Frisco

It should work OK, if you can handle the FM quality or lack thereof. I gave up on my FM tuner... just wasn't worth it.

+1

I had the iTrip from Griffin (for about a month) and it pissed me off. The thing was so finickey; its reception was highly dependant on the orientation of the unit. The only way that I would get good reception was to hold in my right hand at eye-level while I was driving! Man, was shifting a pain in the ass...

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

i've been using the iTrip for about a year and a half and i've been fairly pleased with it. having my entire music collection with me it all times is worth the occasional static. now if i could just find a good place to put the iPod in the lgt. :mad:

... having my entire music collection with me it all times is worth the occasional static.

There is where we differ. I guess I was spoiled at college with all of the high quality audio stuff I worked with. The ironic part is that as a result of that wonderful college, I have just enough debt to keep me above the poverty line, but below the point where I can afford the cool toys that I want.

<---Notice the busted ass piece that I am driving now :D soon to be replaced by a LGT.

BTW, let me know if you find a good place to mount the iPod for use with the iTrip. I don't love the thing, but I'll have to live with it until I get me some cash.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Archived