LegacyGT.com

Our first R8 Spyder showed up!

I never said anything about potential, was just talking unmodded v10 vs super charged v8.

Yes your thinking like a ricer, smaller/cheaper is only better to a certain point. Because by the time you fully built either engine the price was about the same but one is bigger and has more power. If your gonna do something like mod a high end car do it right, dont just throw forced induction on a N/A engine with 12.5 to 1 comp ratio that costs upwards of 30k to have replaced. With a comp ratio like that you will need to log and tune the car often 1 little hiccup and its good bye engine.

There we go again with these conversations.

You asshats will never get it through your thick skull that Honda Civics own all, will you?

JDM4LIFE

If it were me, and again, I'm just talking for myself, before even starting to compare V8 W10, whatever, I would start off by at least sitting in both. Because I doubt I'll ever get the chance to drive them back to back.

There we go again with these conversations.

You asshats will never get it through your thick skull that Honda Civics own all, will you?

JDM4LIFE

If it were me, and again, I'm just talking for myself, before even starting to compare V8 W10, whatever, I would start off by at least sitting in both. Because I doubt I'll ever get the chance to drive them back to back.

Actually it's either Spec B or SRT4 owns all.

Yes your thinking like a ricer,

That is all that needed to be said.

Seriously anyone who has the disposable income to buy an R8 V10, most likely could buy any lesser car they can think of and mod the snot out of it. So they buy that R8 V10 based on its own merits, namely ample power, good looks, great handling, and some versatility.

Ricers don't understand this. Nor do they understand what you have been telling them about all else being equal.... there is still no replacement for displacement. :lol:

Put this way sure you can go out and buy an R8 V8 and build a proper forced induction set up and get it tuned. It will cost you the price of the R8 V8, you'll lose the warranty, and spend at least as much money on parts, engineering, and tuning as the difference in the cost of the V8 and V10 for around the same real actual performance.

You can also go out and buy a WRX and mod it to the point it will do everything an R8 V10 can do with all the same luxuries..... it'll cost you the price of the WRX, your warranty, and more or less the difference in price between the two once you're all done. :lol:

Archived