LegacyGT.com

Hate Turn signals!!

Does any one find the turn signals to be bothersome? They don't cancel themselves after turns very well. I find myself being the idiot who is driving down the road with his turn signals still flashing. I have seen postings about tweaking the computer to change thinks such as locking doors. Does any one know if the computer can be set to emit a tone if signal is left on for more than say 3 minutes.My Dodge Dakota had that feature( only thing I miss about it!) . Love my Legacy LGT!!!!!

just make it a habbit to turn them off yourself after you turn....

i have noticed that they dont cancel out as readily as other cars i've owned or driven, but for the most part i dont notice it..... it has to be a pretty wide turn for it to be a problem.

I find that it's okay. They only thing that I've found worrisome if you have to make two consecutive turns and hold down the turn signal, the loud snapping sound makes me cringe! It sounds like something broke...

Ehhhh...I don't mind being the jerk with their turn signal on for 30 miles down the interstate. People are too busy trying to figure out what kind of car it is to notice the turn signal anyway.
- "I've worked with better, but not many."

I only mind those who signal one way then turn the opposite way! Now that's psyching the drivers out.

Man I used to live in NJ, my brother and sister still live there. Rolling down the turnpike when I visit is a front row seat to seeing the "Jersey Weave" in action, turn signal in any direction or no turn signal at all!;)

The turn signals are definitely less sensitive when self-cancelling than my previous cars, and unfortunately the flasher is almost silent, so there's not a particularly audible indicator that the signals are blinking. The visual indicators on the dash seem to be dimmer than the rest of the EL panel, and are easily missed as well. I've been driving VWs the past 15 years and they have a very distinct, audible "tick tock" noise so you hear them unless you're blasting the stereo. I've had people on the other end of cell calls ask what that sound is, so they were loud enough that my headset mic picked up the sound.

These are pretty fine points, though... just as I'm re-learning to hold down or up the window switches for the entire time the windows take to open/close, I'm learning to double-check the blinkers. I just have to floor it from a stop to remind myself how much more fun it is than my GTI.

DKB

These are pretty fine points, though... just as I'm re-learning to hold down or up the window switches for the entire time the windows take to open/close, I'm learning to double-check the blinkers. I just have to floor it from a stop to remind myself how much more fun it is than my GTI.

Ditto, never going back to Audi/VW. Love the Fuji Heavy!

Yep, to me the silence of the ticker is the big issue. I may put on an after market ticker that's louder -- a 12V ticker is pretty standard (I think???). Perhaps the current one it tucked away in a place that's too muffled and could be relocated -- or fully integrated into the ECU so you can't do anything :lol:

I agree, you do feel a bit stupid when you realize a few miles later the turn signal is still on :redface:

The blinkers DO NOT cycle off with the same intention as my other cars. That said, I find my self monitoring the blinkers after most uses, easy enough. Its the minor turns with which the cancel function has difficulty are my observations.

I'm so disappionted with the ACC operation that the blinker cancelation charactor is less than zero on the annoyance scale. IMHO.

There's a mention in serveral posts; "never going back to Audi/VW." Let's keep an eye out for the newer 2.0 turbo / DGS trans combo's... Say,,, couldn't Subaru license a sequential gearbox (DSG)? ...if only VW would allow such things. Phat chance!

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I will not say "never going back to VW/Audi" just yet... I certainly don't see any of their current crop of cars luring me away from my LGT though. The 2.0T A3 is nice, its 6spd is nice, its FWD is lacking (they're not ready with the Haldex AWD for the transverse 2.0T yet, it seems... going to limit that to the very pricey 3.2 DSG for now.) I'd much rather have a good 6spd manual in the Subies that the silly DSG... it's all very nice for wow factor, but it doesn't fit well with Subaru's tradition of building cars that are durable and drivable over the long term without having to plow lots of repair money into them. Had I bought the A3, it would definitely have been 6MT and let the gotta-have-its help them work out the bugs in the DSG.

DKB

Well, perhaps an A6 of some sort, some day, if I can afford it, and IF they put a 6MT back in it as an option. The last VW was fun but problem filled to the bitter end at 77K mi. I don't expect any probs with the LGT, Subie's got me good...in fact my girlfriend is talking Forrester ever since she went to the dealer with me.

Don't mean to hijack the "whisper quiet blinker" thread here.

The car was designed to accomodate a wide range of people's habits. Obviously you cannot design a car for everyone - unless Subaru offers factory-built custom cars. Since the car will not change, you have to adjust your habits to account for the little quirks that may not fit you to a tee. Even though the signals are on the quiet side, the blinkers on the dash are positioned in such a way that I can easily see if they are operating. Therefore, I do not have the same problem you have. I do not even think about the turn signals, which means they work fine for me. Gosh, this forum is full of nitpickers!:)

Experience the same in my car; just a design peculiarity. Solution: more mindful driving. Become one with the fact that I am driving in in the right lane with my left turn signal on. Enjoy the sensation of people shaking their heads at my inept driving:eek:

What's wrong with the LGT's turn signals? I ride motorcycle, so I'm used to cancelling them after every turn. I find myself doing this when I'm in a cage....errr car too.

My super-high-tech 14-year-old carbureted no-ABS Yamaha FJ1200 self-cancels its turn signals... :D

DKB

My super-high-tech 14-year-old carbureted no-ABS Yamaha FJ1200 self-cancels its turn signals... :D

DKB

My 2 year old Yamaha FJR1300, non-ABS, does NOT. LOL My Goldwing had them, I hated them (they shut off about 40ft. prior to the turn).

My first streetbike, a '77 Yamaha RD400 had self-cancel'ers.

'04 Yamaha FJR1300, gotta cancel them myself

'03 Suzuki GSX-R750, gotta cancel them myself

'03 Buell XB9S, gotta cancel them myself

'04 Kawasaki ZX-6R, wife cancels her own

'05 Yamaha FZ6, wife cancels her own

Archived