LegacyGT.com

99 Legacy GT H6 Driving Fun!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this another one of those "if i had a million dollars to put in a H6" threads. o not again. there are so many

first. send the whole motor to R&D with 50,000.

he'll:

clean

valve job

cloverleft the heads(wider valves)

polish and flow test them for max flow

lighten rods

lighten pistons

balance rods

balance crank to within a 1/10 of a gram

chamfer oil holes on the crank.

fab up a custom oil pump with deep sump

thinker head bolts

think iron sleeves

Ti rods

give the motor balls too.real balls. hair and all

buy every new part you can for an h6(i would beleive its hard to find performance parts for the h6)

this another one of those "if i had a million dollars to put in a H6" threads. o not again. there are so many

first. send the whole motor to R&D with 50,000.

he'll:

clean

valve job

cloverleft the heads(wider valves)

polish and flow test them for max flow

lighten rods

lighten pistons

balance rods

balance crank to within a 1/10 of a gram

chamfer oil holes on the crank.

fab up a custom oil pump with deep sump

thinker head bolts

think iron sleeves

Ti rods

give the motor balls too.real balls. hair and all

buy every new part you can for an h6(i would beleive its hard to find performance parts for the h6)

I didn't know they made that mod for the h6 :rolleyes:

Tach should be off 1.5x. So an indicated 1500RPM on the tach, is 1000 RPM.

An indicated 4500RPM is really 3000RPM. Indicated 9000RPM is really 6000RPM, etc.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

...not that there's anything wrong with that :spin:

httrdd, can you get us a sound clip of yours going through the revs? I wanna hear how purty it sounds.

No sound clips until I get my headers built this month. I have a couple of exhaust leaks and it does not sound to full potential. I will as soon as the headers are on though! ;)

• 9 months later...
BTW - There's a consistent low whine in the background. Is that fans, or the fuel pump. Seems like it's fans. If fans, did you have to install AM ones in order to accommodate the H6 3.3? If pump, was the OEM not correct for the application and you went AM?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

did you put anything in between the exhaust tips and the bumper lip? I have a WRX exhaust that I want to put on my car and have it up that close to the bumper but I was worried about it melting the lip or something..

It have nothing in between the tips and the lip and no melting or burning. I am running a 3" Borla cat back from a 02 Wrx.

BTW - There's a consistent low whine in the background. Is that fans, or the fuel pump. Seems like it's fans. If fans, did you have to install AM ones in order to accommodate the H6 3.3? If pump, was the OEM not correct for the application and you went AM?

The whine is the fan setup. I am using a chrystler push type setup that I run off of coolant temp sensor (Saab 900T) that comes on at temp. I am looking for something better with a low and high cool. The rad I am using is a double row and cools almost too well.

• 2 weeks later...
local engine builder currently has a twin-turbo HA6 on the dyno with final exhaust welding to be done.

Any more details on this? Build list or something? Link redirects me.

local engine builder currently has a twin-turbo HA6 on the dyno with final exhaust welding to be done. www.metricmotorsextreme.com

Motor is for an off-road application for a 2 seater Sand Rail for use at the Utah Little Sahara Sand Dunes.

Build is for a local powder coater and will be his second Metric Motors Subie application. He wants more HP than 400HP in his current 2.5 turbo build.

I gave you the company website if you want to contact them for motor details. They convert Subie motors into many applications, most commonly off-road applications. The mild stuff they do is for daily driven builds that all start at a machined block "20 over" stock and you name the parts desired from there. I take delivery of my car today, can't wait!

Archived