LegacyGT.com

ESP Sterling,MA

LGT_Ltd_wagon

Hey I wanted to give props to Dave and all the guys at ESP in Sterling,MA

I went up there to get a transmission that Dave was selling with an IPT valvebody . But we discovered it was from an 05 and my car is an 06 so instead of going forward with the sale Dave took a lot of time researching if there would be issues. He/We never got a clear cut enough answer to move forward but while we were waiting for info they did a few things my car needed for a very fair price.

Then I got to Dyno my car for the first time. It's a really cool experience and a little nerve racking. I only have a Cobb OTS 93 stage 2 MAP with at Cobb Catted DP and catless UP with Cobb mid and Y pipes with AVO mufflers I haven't been emailed the Charts yet but I know I had 230 WHP I don't recall the torque #. So I have a baseline to work off of for future mods and tuning

All in all it was great even though I didn't get my transmission (yet) and Dave didn't get to sell his (yet) hopefully I will get a definitive answer and I will be back up there for the transmission install, then let the engine tuning begin !! :):)

Maybe I should start my own thread, but I was pretty happy with the work ESP did in installing my new turbo this past Monday. They put in the VF52, and put on an IPR intercooler. I had to get a wheel bearing replaced too. I stupidly thought it was the rear wheel bearing and sent one with the car, but it turned out to be the front wheel bearing. They were able to get the part the same day, and did the entire job in one day. Knock on wood, the turbo lasts, but I was pleased with the work ESP did. And lots of thanks to Paul for linking me up with them.

I'll be there tomorrow at 8AM, they're installing a IPR TIMC, Invadia catless up/dp, SG Motorsports Air/Oil separator. I'll have Tuning Alliance do a street tune later that day or over the weekend. Still working out the details on that. Mike Kinsman (TA) has been keeping my car happy for a while now. He recommended I have these guy's do the install.

Not having a dyno tune, at 131,000 miles I don't feel the need to.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry just saw this. You should email Dave and ask him.

Things went fairly well with my install. they got the hard part done, the up/dp and air/oil separator. The TMIC wouldn't hold the TB hose. So I ordered a hose from AVO last night. This should be a bit longer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived