LegacyGT.com

Pioneer avic-z110bt vs. z120bt??

Rosshole

I am thinking about getting one of these Pioneer models for the new car, but was wondering if anyone knew or could find any information on the differences between the two of them (to justify the $200 price difference)

Thanks in advance!

i haven't upgraded my z110 yet, but I will be when I get my car back...killer headunit, I had an avic n3 in my last car and was completely sold on pioneer...to me the most important thing was the largest screen, with next to no physical buttons on the unit itself, highest quality screen, good ipod integration, and great sound...avic z110 just seemed to be the ticket...the price on the pioneer units has come down alot over the years, i remember paying over 2k for the avic n3, I walked away with this one for under 2k...hope you enjoy it, helps bring my suby to life when im out of boost...

Cool, I am going to find out how good the Bluetooth integration is first, but it will probably be a moot point. I also have to start ordering more sound deadening, speaker wire, and other install items. I may be looking to build a fiberglass sub box too...

Thanks!

+1 to what lil_z_33 has already said:)

The z110 is a killer unit, and is still a killer unit when adding the z120 software. To be honest though, I don't use most of the new functionality of the z120 vs z110...Pandora with my iphone is sweet, but when I have thousands of songs, I usually prefer to use my own playlists. The DJ style software that picks music based on 'style' or 'mood' was kinda cool for the first little while, but I realized I will probably never use it again. The GUI is neat, more responsive, and overall improved, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't have spent 200+ dollars on the upgrade again if it wasn't for the map updates.

I would have loved the kenwood + garmin option, but since i'm an iPod junkie, it just didn't make sense....the kenwood interface sucks compared to the pioneer - especially when it comes to speed. (I had a dnx-9140 before the z110bt...don't know if the ipod frustrations have been solved with the dnx-9960)

Also - The bluetooth option works better then a lot of others i've tried, but i've noticed it also depends on what phone you're using. The phone I had when I bought the unit was an LG-Voyager, and It SUCKED...BAD. Maybe it was just my phone, but it was unusable. My wife's samsung alias did better, but still mostly unusable. I upgraded to an iPhone 3gs, and it was like buying a new radio at the same time...it just worked, and now it frustrates me to drive a car without a handsfree system as good as the pioneers.

+1 to the handsfree system for sure...i had to put the setting on mute for when a call came in cuz the 10db or 20db drop volume didnt work for me cuz I always have my stereo cranked and could never hear who I was talking to...but yeah this headunit will amaze you for sure...definitely worth the money...

Ok, I guess that I will just have to go and get the Bluetooth hooked up to my phone and have my wife play with the different options also.

Also, have any of you installed this yourself? I have installed many car audio systems in the past, but a NAV unit will be new to me, is hooking up the reverse indicator and the speed sensing wire very difficult, or pretty straight forward?

I installed my avic n3 myself a few years ago, this is the same thing...however a stereo shop installed the Z110 for me...I'm pretty sure they did not hook up the speed sensor wire, no issues here as I did not hook it up on the avic n3 years ago either...on the n3 there was a screen where you could view gauges and speed was one of them, z110 does not have this screen...reverse indicator I did not do on the n3 either, not sure about z110, but I do not have a back up camera...

Archived