LegacyGT.com

What BBK on Legacy 3.0 Spec-B?

Hello guys (and doll's?)

I will introduce myself later (Where?), since I just bought my new car today, and will have it next saturday. Then I will also place some fresh pic's.

I have droven a Impreza WRX for more than eleven years, which was rebuilt as an STI VI Type-RA some four years ago.

The new car is a black MY06 Legacy 3.0 Spec-B.

Since I am not satisfied with the flimsy standard brakes, here is my question:

What big brake kit's can be fitted on my new car?

I am not looking for the WRX 4-pot ones, they where the reason I placed a BBK on my former car.

Do the STI 'golden' set's fit for example?

Thanx for any suggestions or links!

Greetz,

Arend (Which means 'Eagle' in Dutch ;))

well, congratulations on the car. as for the brakes, the "golden sets" off the sti aka brembos will fit with some modification ie hubs and new rims, but there are other kits available, willwood and brembo makes some good kits

Congrats on the car, but I have a question for you.

Do you have the wheels like mine? My car is an 06, but being Japanese I don't know if it was sold exactly like mine in Europe. If you have the 18" wheels, a BBK may not clear them.

You may just need upgraded rotors and pads. Post a pic or two of your car.

Hi mrmako,

We got the car yesterday, and the drive home (140km) was heaven...:icon_cool

They gave the car new brake-pad's front and rear (Disk's where like new) and on the highway they work pretty good. Even a stop from 200km/h to 100 felt just fine.

I think when you repeat this a few times, they will fade however.

Anyway, I did not have the chance to make some nice pictures, cause it's raining like it's never gonna stop here in Holland .:mad:

Tuesday 4 new tires (GoodYear Eagle F1 assymetric 225/40/18)

Thursday it's going for another exhaust (Stainless steel, custom made) to let the 6 little men out, who live in the front. :p

But I found this picture on the i-net, and these are the wheels I have on my car:

http://www.handelsprijzen.nl/images/640/979/228979-3.jpg

Before I decided to buy this car, I read a lot about it.

One thing I read I can confirm now, the car has a good (Bilstein) suspension, but it has too much bodyroll for a sporty car like it is.

Changing the standard anti roll bar's for heavier ones (Whiteline?) should do the right trick.

Does anyone of you no which anti roll bar (Front & rear) I should choose?

Grtz. Arend.

I just ordered a set of Whiteline adjustable anti-roll bars (both front and rear) to replace the non-adjustable Whitelines it has on now. The non-adjustable are more than fine, and help the car a ton. The car still has a little bit of body roll, but until this winter it is my daily driver so I am fine with it. I'd suggest getting a set of springs for the time being to see how it helps the car along with a set of Whitelines.

As far as brakes, for the front I am using Brakeswap's little big brake kit. It uses Wilwood calipers with mounting brackets so they accept the stock size rotors. I am using DBA 4000 rotors, and on the street I use Hawk HPS pads. On the track I use Carbotech XP8's front and rear. They do perfectly fine even after a 25min session. I suggest using Motul fluid as well.

Archived