LegacyGT.com

OK so the damage happened...finally

well my bro cme out from work to the parking lot to find 2 nice scratches on the rear bumper with red paint on the silver LGT and the black plastic of the bumper showing.

He figured it to be the raggidy red minivan parked next to him (the van had paint missing on its front bumper)

...what a jerk...he knows he hit you but still continued to park next to you and not leave an apology/contact note.

Whats worse is my bro in his anger, key-ed the minivan then he called me to relay the story....at that point i was mad at him for key-ing the minivan.

Whats the point of key-ing a raggidy minivan???

i mean seriously i understand the guy deserved it but if he had held off on his vandalism(anger) and filed a police report since the evidence was sitting right there he could have filed a claim...but now we cant...since smartass went for the eye-for-an-eye routine

local paint shop wants 350 quid to fix the small scratch....i'm gonna wait for OCDetails to respond and help me out with touching it up myself.

Lesson learnt by my bro...DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!DONT GO FOR THE I-4-AN-I bullshit...doesnt solve anything. Get the authorities involved instead.

I'm upset for the scratch and my bro's childish behaviour

I'm with you all the way.

Also, a little FYI that I'm sure most already know about...

If your car is ever damaged while you're parked, get a police report saying that you were legally parked when the damage occured. I did this on my old '96 Leggy when someone did a number on my headlight/front end after a friend recommended it and it saved me a lot of trouble and a rate hike with my insurance company.

well my bro cme out from work to the parking lot to find 2 nice scratches on the rear bumper with red paint on the silver LGT and the black plastic of the bumper showing.

He figured it to be the raggidy red minivan parked next to him (the van had paint missing on its front bumper)

...what a jerk...he knows he hit you but still continued to park next to you and not leave an apology/contact note.

Whats worse is my bro in his anger, key-ed the minivan then he called me to relay the story....at that point i was mad at him for key-ing the minivan.

Whats the point of key-ing a raggidy minivan???

i mean seriously i understand the guy deserved it but if he had held off on his vandalism(anger) and filed a police report since the evidence was sitting right there he could have filed a claim...but now we cant...since smartass went for the eye-for-an-eye routine

local paint shop wants 350 quid to fix the small scratch....i'm gonna wait for OCDetails to respond and help me out with touching it up myself.

Lesson learnt by my bro...DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!DONT GO FOR THE I-4-AN-I bullshit...doesnt solve anything. Get the authorities involved instead.

I'm upset for the scratch and my bro's childish behaviour

solution: keep brother out of car :D

try http://www.paintscratch.com/ to get your color (get the little bottle, not the pen - its a PITA). you can Google for some good repair tips that you can do yourself - good luck!

I'm with you all the way.

Also, a little FYI that I'm sure most already know about...

If your car is ever damaged while you're parked, get a police report saying that you were legally parked when the damage occured. I did this on my old '96 Leggy when someone did a number on my headlight/front end after a friend recommended it and it saved me a lot of trouble and a rate hike with my insurance company.

so i guess if you double park..that wouldn't apply...hmm nice info

if the little bloke would have done the right thing or called me before using his 'problem solving skills' the scratch would have been taken care of by the insurance co. of the minivan-owner........aarrgghhh

$350 is too high.

Keying the van was wrong.

Dings and dents are common in parking lots, that's why when I park, I parking far, far away.

he did park far away....

plus he parked where the right side had a divider/curb so no one could park on his right side (hoping that most car are 1-person/driver occupied and so by blocking the right-side of your car you reduce ur chance of getting scratched by the driver/car on ur right side when they open their door too wide)

he's very protective of the car....and thus his lapse in judgement and irresponsible behaviour

That sucks. Sucks that your brother acted that way in return also. By your vocabulary, I'm assuming you live in the UK? In my limited experience over there, it seems as if most drivers are very cordial and resepectful. Could you have gone and spoken to the mini-van driver and maybe clear it up that way (to see if he'd be willing to go half-sies)?

.. in MN dood....i wish i lived in UK..would never own a car if i was in london...

my vocab is pretty international....i'm well travelled

....we could have gone to the minivan owner if a certain somebody hadnt key-ed the van already LOL

I've used spray paint from Paintscratch.com to repaint the bumper of my wife's Toyota Sienna. The paint quality was excellent, and the service was top notch. I would order from them again in a heartbeat.

Archived