LegacyGT.com

Good suspension for Heavy Outback XT

phildog33

My friend who drives an SUV (lexus hybrid) was saying how rough my car is over the bumps on the BQE freeway here... and his is smooth and you dont feel anything.

All the different variables aside...

Which KYBs would be better for situations like that... the 00-04 shocks or the 05 ones?

p

• Mega Users

That's the problem...people are happy with both of them, but there are really no real world comparisons between the two. In theory, the 05's would be softer over bumps without the bounce.

If you are worried about harshness, then you'll probably be happier with the 05 shocks.

• 2 weeks later...

just reporting that i replaced all the shocks with KYB and the rear springs with rallitek overload springs

and my ride is really really great

the old shocks were shot... so the new ride feels pretty firm but doesnt bottom out like it used to in NYC driving

and the overload springs are awesome.. my Y pipe was barely touching my 21mm rear whiteline sway.. and now they are apart and not touching at all

-- i ahve about 250 lbs sound deadening added to the car

and

350 pounds of sound equipment, batteries and inverters in the back also

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to revive this thread and ask question... its been about 2 years and the front shocks havent been able to hold up the NYC driving and pot holes.. i need to replace them.. the rears are ok the shop says.. with the Rallitek overload springs

Should I replace all 4x with somethign better than the KYBs? I dont need a racing shock... I need something that will give a great ride in City Driving conditions in NYC and speed bumps all the time, etc...

What can you recommend?

And should I get a better overload spring for the front too?

P

Archived