LegacyGT.com

87 instead of 91

hehe, this weekend we flew to San Diego and rented a 7 seat dodge SUV so we could pack lots of people in. My wife actually said when we pulled up at the gas station to fill it up before returning it that "we actually get to buy cheap gas now!" :)

Her Volvo XC70 (turbo 2.4l) takes mid-grade at least.

Anyone else hear that a partial fill of E85 can be helpful when this happens? I know it has a very high octane equivalent but not sure how else it impacts the engine...

I know in most cars the fuel system isn't set up for e85 so it can be corrosive to some of the parts. Usually you need bigger injectors as well. With that being said I really don't know if it's true but the easiest safest solution is just to take it easy and when you can replace it with better gas. But since he's added the octane booster he should be fine regardless.

Lonely Driver... I see why you're lonely. This is not the time to dump the GF, but a time to cultivate any guilt she may have and put it to good use... I'd suggestion certain, ahem, "personal" favors. Then, once those personal urges have been released, you should consider whether it is worthwhile to continue a long term relationship with this individual.

:)

Lonely Driver... I see why you're lonely. This is not the time to dump the GF, but a time to cultivate any guilt she may have and put it to good use... I'd suggestion certain, ahem, "personal" favors. Then, once those personal urges have been released, you should consider whether it is worthwhile to continue a long term relationship with this individual.

:)

DON'T DROP HER............Educate her!!

Were you born with the vast knowledge you have about automobiles that you now possess??? NO, you weren't!

Explain to her that you understand her error and she is forgiven and also explain to her why THIS vehicle needs Hi Test and another does not!

You will win in the long run.

This comes from Me, a 70 year old man that was married over 45 years to the same woman that LEARNED about the 143 cars that I have owned until her Cancer won!

FACT- Educate her and love her.

If the Student didn't learn - the Teacher didn't teach!

This comes from Me, a 70 year old man

Damn!!! Wasn't expecting that. Your old. Haha she knows why it takes 91. she just forgot. Her car doesn't take it so she wasn't thinking about it at the time and she rarely drives my car. I just miss accelerating a little bit so this tank is taking forever!

Archived