LegacyGT.com

un real...(video)

I love the title..."Seattle drivers just don't know how to drive in the snow", when there's clearly a layer of ice. :lol: Nobody would be able to do anything in that situation if it was unexpected.

Reminds me of this one from 3 or 4 years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWT1pY1mVlY]YouTube- Ice driving pinball[/ame]

Every fall, on the wheels and tires forum, people pooh-pooh the value of studded snow tires. Studs are not needed; modern winter tires with sipes work fine, blah blah.

They should be forced to watch these two videos in eternity. HPH

I love the title..."Seattle drivers just don't know how to drive in the snow", when there's clearly a layer of ice. :lol: Nobody would be able to do anything in that situation if it was unexpected.

YouTube- Ice driving pinball

All the idiot had to do was let off on the brake and he would have easily made the corner. The dope locked the brakes and held them.

He shows his intelligence by opening his door and putting his foot out.:lol:

yeah maybe unfair to 'seattle drivers' but not locking up your brakes(using the threshold braking technique) and steering into the snow on the side of the road would have helped.

YouTube- Ice driving pinball

Every fall, on the wheels and tires forum, people pooh-pooh the value of studded snow tires. Studs are not needed; modern winter tires with sipes work fine, blah blah.

They should be forced to watch these two videos in eternity. HPH

In Seattle, it may snow once every 2 years... (and it stays around for about 1 day) Why put all of that stress on the roads for that possibility that it "might" snow. Also, the hills in Seattle are ridiculous. The second video doesn't show how steep the roads are (I know exactly where it is, they close that road whenever there is ice or snow). They also advise people not to drive after it snows, some people think they are capable (they usually end up on youtube :lol:)

All the idiot had to do was let off on the brake and he would have easily made the corner. The dope locked the brakes and held them. He shows his intelligence by opening his door and putting his foot out.:lol:

x2 AWD doesn't work when the brakes are locked mkay:p. (Neither does steering!). I think you meant lack of intelligence:cool:

Los Angeles may be a craphole but it is a big, sunny craphole.

I love it! Stupid drivers aren't limited to Seattle or to driving Toyota Corolla's (I still maintain Corolla drivers are the worst drivers per capita). Morons drive Subarus, Audis, Jeeps, etc. etc. etc. The smartest person in all these videos was probably the one filming. In both cases, the videographer was not in jeopardy of getting hurt (espeically the one on the balcony).

I love my snow tires on my Spec B. I'm torn, though, on what to put on my wife's 08 Outback. I haven't purchased a second set of rims for her car (yet). Any recommendations on a superb set of all seasons? I may yet purchase dedicated snow tires for her car, but she needs a new set of tires before the fall anyhow.

I'm not looking for a debate on the finer points on why all seasons fail in the winter compared to snow tires... I know the debate and prefer dedicated winter tires, but... I'm just looking for a rec on all seasons.

Thank you for your cooperation.

It is funny that the first video has 3 Subaru's piled into each other.

Sorry AWD is usless in those situations. The best thing is a sand truck, followed by studded winter or high quality winter tires coupled to some prayers.

Any recommendations on a superb set of all seasons? I may yet purchase dedicated snow tires for her car, but she needs a new set of tires before the fall anyhow. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you haven't done so (and she isn't skilled), taking your wife to a snow/ice covered parking lot and letting her gain some experience with how cars handle in

these conditions is invaluable. As a guy, I've always enjoyed "getting sideways" and found the experience educational and invaluable to maintaining one's cool/control when faced with those conditions unexpectedly. Beyond that, get studded tires all around for her.

Archived