LegacyGT.com

Headers and turbo upgrade

Strizzy

I am having a new shortblock built, as my #4 ringland bit the dust. I am looking to get around 350-375 whp out of my setup and was wondering if aftermarket headers will make a big difference over stock if going with a 18g or 20g (haven't decided on turbo yet). I would be getting Tomei headers. Is it worth the cost? Or would the money be better spent elsewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

I am having a new shortblock built, as my #4 ringland bit the dust. I am looking to get around 350-375 whp out of my setup and was wondering if aftermarket headers will make a big difference over stock if going with a 18g or 20g (haven't decided on turbo yet). I would be getting Tomei headers. Is it worth the cost? Or would the money be better spent elsewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

Headers make it more efficient, but whp/dollar are a pretty low mod IMO. And I have had a few on my car.

If you want the widest power curve as possible, and want slightly lower EGTs (especially if on the track) then headers are a good bet.

You will need something bigger then a 18g or 20g to get 350-375 whp on most set-ups.

edit: I see form another thread that you will be running E85, in that case you may just get your power goals, but 20G is a no-brainer, especially with the lower end power you get with E85.

Thanks for the info. I guess I can hold off on the headers for now then, and put that money towards the turbo. Headers are an easy enough install anyways and aren't a critical part of the build. With that said, I will be going with the 20g.

Thanks again.

Archived