LegacyGT.com

Vendor Feeler: Replica JDM Visors

Would you be interested in a direct replica of the JDM window visors?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a direct replica of the JDM window visors?

• interested for the wagon
    • interested for the sedan
    • No Reps on my car...I

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These don't come anywhere near the OEM roof rack.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Sedans use control towers, which would interfere. Wagons use easyriders or lowridwrs, which clamp to the factory rails.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

For those who want real-life photos of the JDM visor, here are two I took yesterday:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89078&d=1282438992

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89079&d=1282438992

As you can see they are really stream-lined and subtle. I love the look.

Put me down for a set for a Sedan.

I am sick of water rolling of the roof and coming in my open windows...

I've been sick of it since I got my first Subaru when I was in High School!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It will most likely going to be tape on, but it wont be taped onto the paint. It will be in the JDM location, which is the black molding.

okay that still works as long as I dont have to do it on the paint.... still interested in 2 sets...

Cliff - I don't know if you have the JDMs or not, or have access to someone with the JDMs....

I'm among those who have both had the AVS, as well as the JDM.

The JDM unit, and it may be due to its material, somewhat needs both the tape and the clips in order to stay in place properly, to properly conform to the lines of the A-pillar.

If you're getting prototypes made, Cliff, be sure that they can get that area right, without the clips. 3M's Automotive Trim/Molding tape is a wonderful thing, particularly when used properly, but I like the old saying of "Trust, but Verify." ;)

You've been a great Vendor here on LegacyGT.com - best of luck on your new venture! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Cliff - I don't know if you have the JDMs or not, or have access to someone with the JDMs....

I'm among those who have both had the AVS, as well as the JDM.

The JDM unit, and it may be due to its material, somewhat needs both the tape and the clips in order to stay in place properly, to properly conform to the lines of the A-pillar.

If you're getting prototypes made, Cliff, be sure that they can get that area right, without the clips. 3M's Automotive Trim/Molding tape is a wonderful thing, particularly when used properly, but I like the old saying of "Trust, but Verify." ;)

You've been a great Vendor here on LegacyGT.com - best of luck on your new venture! :)

Hey Tsi!

I personally dont have the jdms, but i have read about people installing with just the tape without issues.

Im going to see if i can get the clips made as well, but for now, we just have to say it uses 3m tape. :)

Dont worry though, we will have pics and test them out before selling the product.

Thanks for your kind words! We will continue to serve this community the best we can.

-Cliff

Archived