LegacyGT.com

Anyone have their sunroof tinted?

I had my sunroof tinted when I had the windows tinted. The sunroof didn't seem to filter light as well as I was use too. What an improvement! I rarely ever close the sunshade now. When looking at my car in the driveway from in my house. I didn't like the look of being able to see the light colored sunshade through the sunroof either. Now that it's tinted, I can't tell if the shade is closed or open. Nice look, and practical ;-)

PS: Attached pictures promised

Tint_SR1.jpg.6bbf89661f39bc73575f19ba0d8b4411.jpg

Tint_SR2.jpg.d1ccc2b4694bed43b234bd3b3a41877b.jpg

LGT_ltd1.jpg.d96b8a7e50a93407269146c82803735b.jpg

Hmmm, I was told by my window tinmter many years ago that you shouldn't tint the sunroof glass because it is tempered glass and that the heat from the sun would cause it to crack if it was tinted...

...he's been in the biz for over 20 years...I'd check to see if the Legacy uses a tempered glass for their sunroofs...

Hmmm, I was told by my window tinmter many years ago that you shouldn't tint the sunroof glass because it is tempered glass and that the heat from the sun would cause it to crack if it was tinted...

...he's been in the biz for over 20 years...I'd check to see if the Legacy uses a tempered glass for their sunroofs...

Interesting but I've never heard that one before.

Have the factory tint then 5% on it again, its nice cause i can look dierectly at the sun through it with no problems, and i can still have sunlight come in

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I had my wagon sun roof tinted as well when I had the windows done. I did 20%. I asked about cracking, and was told that it is NOT an issue on our car. Had the car since February, been outside in fairly warm days, mid 70's, direct southern exposure, full sun, no issues what so ever.

I guess the hot summer days will confirm it, if it breaks this summer, then we will know.

All automotive glass it tempered, while the front windshield is tempered and laminated (which the sunroof may be too). The tempering gives it extra strength and heat resistance. Tinting the sunroof is no different than tinting your side windows.

Archived