LegacyGT.com

New Push Button Start option?

BMW's new system has you push a dimpled spot on the door handle to unlock the car. It is, literally, impossible to lock the keys in the car. The doors might lock, but pushing that button unlocks the car, no problem.

I don't mind having to use a FOB to unlock the car, but I also wouldn't mind getting rid of that act. So long as the horn honks when the car locks, I'll be happy.

I'd REALLY like it if the Advanced Keys RFID card could fit in my wallet. I NEVER drive without my wallet, so it'd be EXTREMELY convenient to carry it there.

I wonder how long it would take to ween off carrying a car key around with you?

And LALGT, yes, you turned the key to "ON" then pushed the button to start the car. Two step process, much like a real race car (which typically involves arming a battery switch, then pressing a button). It was "neat" but I was one disappointed 14 year old the first time I sat in one.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived