LegacyGT.com

Help me diagnose this sound PLEASE...

05' LGT 5MT with 86K. Typical Stg 2. I have a high pitched sound that sounds sort of like a steady tornado siren. It does not have to do with engine or transmission speed, only vehicle speed. It is not too loud and can only be heard with the windows up and radio off. It is new though in the last few days. It sounds like it is coming from the engine bay. Wheel bearing? I thought that was a more pulsating sound? Any other ideas?

This car has treated me great over the last 4/5 years... still love it, no other problems, I just can't miss any work since i started a new job. I want to fix this before it could get serious.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

05' LGT 5MT with 86K. Typical Stg 2. I have a high pitched sound that sounds sort of like a steady tornado siren. It does not have to do with engine or transmission speed, only vehicle speed. It is not too loud and can only be heard with the windows up and radio off. It is new though in the last few days. It sounds like it is coming from the engine bay. Wheel bearing? I thought that was a more pulsating sound? Any other ideas?

This car has treated me great over the last 4/5 years... still love it, no other problems, I just can't miss any work since i started a new job. I want to fix this before it could get serious.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Yeap, 100k, but only on the rear bearings.

If this can only be heard with radio off and windows up - it's probably not too urgent. Anyhow - find a shop with a lift, lift it, start it, get it up to speed and listen with a stethoscope attached to control arm or somewhere thereabout.

Archived