LegacyGT.com

Those with KW Variants/ Racing Tarmac

Vsick

I recently raised my front and rear kw variants to the max recommended height (50mm in the front 40mm in the rear).

I am satisfied with the height of my rears, but feel the fronts are still sitting a little low. I want to up it to 60mm.

My question, has anyone done this and what potential problems am I looking at? The shocks are a few years old so out of warranty anyway.

Potential problems. Causing shock to travel out of limits. Internal damage could result. Limits are there for a reason. Just because it can move that far does not mean it should. Shock is a hydraulic piston. Fluid needs somewhere to go and room to expand with heat.

No one I know has tried. Go ahead and blow your seals, they are your shocks. Might even take a while before it happens. Subtle makes a 1" lift kit. Maybe that would be better than trying to lift the struts 1/2" farther than they are recommended.

Get top-hats that change the stack height.

If you use spec-B ones, and then still use the 1/4 inch washer you will not be changing the stroke, but will change the ride height.

I have some that will raise it by 5/8 of an inch, if you are interested pm me.

Archived