LegacyGT.com

Spot-painting in Marin County?

lgt_nube

My LGT Wagon is now pristine in the front - both front fenders and bumper, hood, grill - from a 2 mph hit to my right front corner. I then had an annoying dent fixed on the side and now am looking at the rear bumper which is visually pretty well dinged. The body shop wanted almost $700 to repaint it (at insurance company labor rates) and I'm not willing to pay even close to that. I have a lead to someone who spot paints but in case he doesn't work out does anyone here have a recommendation.

The procedure they have is top notch. the materials they use are top notch (PPG) but what you have to be careful with is the tech that you get. So ask some questions before hand as to the experience they have, and if they have any references. I used to own one of these franchises and some of the techs were better than others. Is like with anything else, even with a body shop you take your chances. The good of it is that it will be done in one day. Also in Cali they have to use the water based paint which is really good at color matching.

GL

X

---

Archived