LegacyGT.com

Exhaust smell in cabin.

If it smells more like fuel, you're running rich. Mine does this on an OTS Cobb stage 2 tune. A better tune will most likely fix it. Some have reported stock fuel smells as well.

The smell is originating from the tailpipe and the vacuum/turbulence is pulling the smell from the rear of the car forward into the cabin.

I may need to get someone elses nose on it. I cant tell if it is oily or fuely. Im leaning more towards oily. I have a old jeep that I put a LS1 in and it runs rich so I am used to its fuely smell. It also has an oil leak but I run quaker state in it and that oil has a really different smell when burning. My DD is a diesel so I am used to that smell all the time. Paranoia strikes deep :spin:

mine (ringland) was bad too. fixed and the smell (and soot) went away.

How extensive is a ringland repair? I am assuming a tear down of the motor correct? I dont appear to be consuming oil, and havent been able to get underneath to check to see if the cv boot is torn and throwing grease. I also threw a p2096 again over the weekend while coming back from Cleveland. I did not have cc on and was maintaining 75-80mph. No notable change in performance. Cleared the code at autozone since I cannot get my accessport to do it for some reason.

Archived