LegacyGT.com

DIY Stealth Cubby Pod Walkthrough

proflatlander15

Great DIY design! I love to see other CAD enthusiasts. It is similar to the original Cubbypod, and similar to the new one as well, minus the mounting details.

My only recommendation for those making their own would be to increase the size of the holes slightly. Some gauges out there will not fit into a 2.00" hole, in fact I oversize mine slightly so there is some play for installation (53-54mm to be exact). Of course that is easy to say when you have a laser cutter... if you are making your own just make it 2.0" and sand it larger.

And if you are making your own, feel free to nab installation instructions off my website for assistance.

• 3 weeks later...
Casopolis, thanks for the install instructions and also I was coming on here to update the incorrect hole dimensions. 52 mm = 2.046875 in.. for those who are 3d printing.

3D printing is great. I have access to a few printers at my "other" job, including a high resolution Viper SLA which is the best thing since slice bread.

• 3 years later...
This is a perfect starter DIY project, I work at a laser machine shop so I should have no problem cutting sheet metel with a UV laser. My shop is AS9100 so this thing will be Spaceship ready :lol:, ill probably make it out of 1/16 inch metal or whatever scraps i can find laying around. Ill try to post a some pictures when complete.

• 1 year later...
Ah, I just realized the guy I talked to on eBay that sells the premium single DIN triple gauge bezels is the same guy that makes Cubbypods and is on here. Defi gauges are unfortunately a bit too big for that pod. :/

Why dont they fit

The Defi gauges have 58mm bezels. The premium single DIN triple gauge pod they sell is 57mm center to center, so you'd have to grind the gauge bezels to fit. That, or modify the gauge pod and shift the outer gauges over.

Archived