LegacyGT.com

Where is the Barometric Sensor.

I am transplanting subie motor out of 90 legacy 4wd l model with auto trans into a Porsche 914. I'm wiring up the harness. I have been told that the wire on connector b48.16 that is labeled as barometric pressure, is actually an output to the auto trans to indicate driving up a mountain pass. the actual sensor is in the ecu correct?

Thanks ahead of time

um i'n not exactly fimiliar with these but from what i know with gm cars .. the barometric sensor is just the map sensor at the same time the map sensor also controls the tranny line pressure .. i would think you would just put a resistor into that circuit .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

It was my understanding that MAP equipped cars don't have MAF sensors. The EJ22 has a MAF sensor, therefor it doesn't have a MAP sensor.

The MAP sensor is the closest thing to a "Barometric" sensor I can think of. MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure, and determines the quantity of air the engine is consuming by figuring out the vacuum inside the intake manifold. The EJ22 doesn't use this type of system. The EJ22 has a MAF (Mass AirFlow) sensor, which determines the quantity of air consumed by how much the incoming air cools a hot wire (Like the filament in a light bulb) attached to the intake hose by the air filter box. It is made of black plastic, and has a flange with 4 bolts on it that secure it to the airbox. It will also have a plug with wires leading into it.

Figured this out!!! Supposedly The Sensor is hardwired inside the ecu. The wire going out that my pinout has labeled as barometric pressure, is as i thought nothing but an output to the transmission computer. Platinum you are correct in the sense that map IE Pressure sensor is for forced induction and a MAF will tell you how much air is flowing past the sensor, and is only used on N/A motors.

Archived